Capitol CX Frames

Printable View

• 12-19-2012
    CS2
    Capitol CX Frames
    Anyone heard of the Capitol frames? I'm not really coming up with much on Google. It looks like a new company.
  • 12-20-2012
    ms6073
    Capitol Bicycles - is that the site you are asking about/looking for?
  • 12-21-2012
    CS2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ms6073 View Post
    Capitol Bicycles - is that the site you are asking about/looking for?

Yes, that's it. I checked the site out. A Google search didn't really come up with any useful information. I was hoping for some first hand info from a member. Of course every manufacturer is going to say their product is great.
  • 01-06-2013
    zac102
    They're based out of Cleveland, I'm in Akron. The carbon frames aren't anything special. Open mold frames (Ridley and Scott bikes I think) that they're importing from China.

The metal stuff however is pretty rad. It's all fabricated in the USA with custom geometry options. A custom steel frame will start at about $900 from what I've been told. One of the local shops has been working pretty closely with them about getting the geometry dialed in on a line of 29ers and fat bikes. The guy behind Capitol hasn't been building bikes for too long, but does have a pretty extensive background in aerospace fabrication. The steel 29er frame I saw was very well made. Fast turn around time as well.
  • 01-08-2013
    CS2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zac102 View Post
    They're based out of Cleveland, I'm in Akron. The carbon frames aren't anything special. Open mold frames (Ridley and Scott bikes I think) that they're importing from China.

The metal stuff however is pretty rad. It's all fabricated in the USA with custom geometry options. A custom steel frame will start at about $900 from what I've been told. One of the local shops has been working pretty closely with them about getting the geometry dialed in on a line of 29ers and fat bikes. The guy behind Capitol hasn't been building bikes for too long, but does have a pretty extensive background in aerospace fabrication. The steel 29er frame I saw was very well made. Fast turn around time as well.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Are they in any shops?
  • 01-16-2013
    zac102
    The Edge Outdoors is the only one that I'm aware of.
  • 01-17-2013
    CS2
    Quote:

Originally Posted by zac102 View Post
    The Edge Outdoors is the only one that I'm aware of.

Is Edge Outdoors in Medina? I'm just south of Cleveland. I've seen a couple for sale but hesitated on pulling the trigger.