mtbr member
    Dec 2010

Cannondale CAADX Fit?

I want a relaxed fit, bit upright CX bike. Two that fit the bill are a Giant TCX and the Cdale. My only LBS can order me a CDale, but he doesn't stock any to figure out sizing. The Giant dealer is 200 miles away and he had a Lg,(57) that I tried and it would work. My LBS will give me a better deal and I would rather buy it local. I have read the CAADX bikes actually run a little bigger and you can usually go down a size. I am 5'10" WITH A 34" inseam and a very short torso. 58cm bikes usually start to have a too long top tube. I want to run some Salsa Woodchipper II dirt drops at a mid level so I can ride on the hoods and the drops. I want to commit to a 56. Does anyone know if that will work for me? The other problem I always have with long legs and short body is that if I get the seatpost way out, it is then difficult to get the bars high enough...
    '13 CDale CAADX
    '12 Spec Camber Comp
    '12 Salsa Fargo
    "Riding with one leg is way better than not riding"

Wrench
    I work in a shop that stocks Cannondale, so here's my advice.

I think a 56cm would work IF you got properly fitted an switched out a few things on the bike.

As far as the CAADX being relaxed, I'd say it's the most relaxed CX bike I've ever ridden. Too much so for my taste, actually.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by FNFAL View Post
    I work in a shop that stocks Cannondale, so here's my advice.

I think a 56cm would work IF you got properly fitted an switched out a few things on the bike.

As far as the CAADX being relaxed, I'd say it's the most relaxed CX bike I've ever ridden. Too much so for my taste, actually.
    You've haven't ridden a flat bar Fargo!
    I know I will change out the stem and use my shallow drop dirt drops. I want to buy the lowend Tiagra model and put my Apex group on it with mini-V brakes instead of cantis. The lowend Giant has an alum fork and the Cdale has a carbon fork. I also have a CF seatpost and a Titanico saddle to put on. I just hope I can get the front tall enough with a short steep stem?
    Thanks!
    '13 CDale CAADX
    '12 Spec Camber Comp
    '12 Salsa Fargo
    "Riding with one leg is way better than not riding"

Wrench
    You can find a stem for pretty much any application. I don't think that's the limiting factor. 60 or 70mm with a 17 degree tilt upwards may be just up your alley.