mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Bought a 2013 Ridley X-Ride

After much research and finding a company that would ship a cross bike to FPO (in the Middle East) I went with Competitive Cyclist and bought the above mentioned. I was really digging the styling and looks of the "Civilian" line, but was the bikes are full chromo and heavy. I did find a company called Cycles biKyle in Philly that will ship and FPO so I was close to buying a Fely. But the customer service I got from CC was very helpful and in the end I felt comfortable purchasing from them. So does anyone have a Ridley? Maybe a 13 X-ride? Comments and concerns? Looking forward to getting it here we have a cross series coming up in October here.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I'm building up an gray/white X-Ride Disc frameset from CC. Super stoked to get it together, I just need brakes, cables and stem to get rolling!

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chemical_brother View Post
    I'm building up an gray/white X-Ride Disc frameset from CC. Super stoked to get it together, I just need brakes, cables and stem to get rolling!
    I like the gray and white. I really don't care for the color of the one I purchased I really like the styling of Civillian. But in the end wanted to go with a more known reputiable brand. I wanted to stay at $1500 counting shipping and the white and grey wouldv'e ran $1700-1800. I am hoping to be up and running in 2 weeks. Good luck with your build and post a picture if you have the time.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I have been torturing a 2013 X-Fire disc for 18 month. Same bike different frame material, I love that the bottom bracket sits pretty high compared to most other CX bikes. The fork is incredibly stiff and has room for some 2.0 tires to fit, my current setup is a Stan's Crow up front.

One of the things a changed was the rear brake mount so I could run a 160mm rotor to make wheel swaps easier between bikes. The 140mm rotor had plenty of stopping power. The placement of the rear caliper on the seatstay is nice also keeping it out of the way of my heel.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricker Joe View Post
    I have been torturing a 2013 X-Fire disc for 18 month. Same bike different frame material, I love that the bottom bracket sits pretty high compared to most other CX bikes. The fork is incredibly stiff and has room for some 2.0 tires to fit, my current setup is a Stan's Crow up front.

One of the things a changed was the rear brake mount so I could run a 160mm rotor to make wheel swaps easier between bikes. The 140mm rotor had plenty of stopping power. The placement of the rear caliper on the seatstay is nice also keeping it out of the way of my heel.
    Appreciate the insight. This is my first CX bike, almost my first road bike as well. I read that it shipped today so I hope I have it 2 weeks and will be taking it on a ride. No CX just a long ride to feel it out. We do have a cross series bere coming in October. By then I may be running clips, but while I adjust I am going to keep some flats on it. I wohld like some bigger tired on it, unsure if mine will accommodate a 2.0 up front, but we will see.