Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EBrider View Post
    Maybe not the distance alone, but maybe distance and retain. I take my bike through what I normally ride on a mountain bike. So the problem may only occur after 100+ miles
    I understand the concern, and I have it too. But I have yet to discover "the problem".

After having topped-off and installed new gaskets I've had no issues. Riding road, gravel, and MTB-paths with my cyclocross bike.

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by tietze View Post
    After having topped-off and installed new gaskets I've had no issues. Riding road, gravel, and MTB-paths with my cyclocross bike.
    How many miles have you put on them since installing the new gaskets?

When I installed the new gaskets I really thought that had fixed my problems, but 200 miles later they weren't adjusting to pad wear. When I replaced the front pads, the brakes wouldn't properly engage even after repeating all the tricks. TRP replaced my calipers under warranty. Now I'm curious to see if I just had a bad set or if others are following the same pattern.

jct
    mtbr member
    i've done plenty of hilly centuries and gravel and dirt rides with my Hy/Rds and have yet to have any problems. i'm 210# and have been using the cheapo shimano resin pads.

mtbr member
    It is more related to terrain than distance. I can go 100+ with no issues, but sketchy stuff can kill them in a hurry. In any event, I am doing the Dirty Kanza in a fee weeks and don't have the confidence in these brakes to ride them for the event. Maybe I will experiment more later as I do think they have a good feel when working.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Are we putting air in the tires today?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
    How many miles have you put on them since installing the new gaskets?
    Around 110km on MTB singletrack and 340km on road. Still breaking nicely (no further adjustments yet, but front pads probably soon worn out) :-)

mtbr member
    Mar 2014
    That's encouraging.

I've put about 200 miles on my HY/RD's since they sent me the replacement calipers, but it's been mostly on pavement on dry days. I think my original calipers went 600 miles or so in similar conditions before I started having problems.

In fact, other than excessive lever pull (which isn't an issue with the new ones) I didn't really start having problems until it got cold and rainy. I probably won't have complete confidence in these brakes until I've worn through a set of pads and replaced them without any trouble.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I've been using the newer Hy/rd with Ultegra 6800 levers(800km). Lever pull is perfect and they feel like true hydro system(Probably Shimano 11sp levers helped too). Unbelievable performance gain from Spyre calipers that they replaced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3