mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Any great-value carbon disc CX models?

Looking for a new CX bike to handle road training and smooth mtb trails. Are there any carbon disc-equipped 2012 or 2013 models that getting rave reviews and press for not only their quality but value?

A few seem to be around the $2500 mark, but their geometry doesn't fit me. Example: Force, disc, carbon. Weird sizing: https://www.performancebike.com/bike..._400001_400341

Rival or 105 is just fine.

mtbr member
    Just picked up a Foundry Auger B1 with full Sram Force. Retail is $2800 Full carbon CX bike. I have one CX race and a few gravel miles. So far I love it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Wow...that Performance bike has some funky numbers.
    I wonder if they are correct?
    I have a feeling there will be a butt load of those and other bikes at blow out prices soon.
    And to answer your question...I just ordered a Deng Fu frame and will put together a Ultegra or Rival build....easily done for well under 2k

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Your post led me to a search and found the B2: Cyclocross Specials at Tree Fort Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by fjtort2 View Post
    Just picked up a Foundry Auger B1 with full Sram Force. Retail is $2800 Full carbon CX bike. I have one CX race and a few gravel miles. So far I love it!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Those have some sizing gaps too

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm riding a 2013 Ridley X-Fire $2700 and have been beating the hell out of it on single track for the last month. It has handled every trail that my 29er handles.