mtbr member

2010 Ridley X Fire?

I found someone selling a 2010 x fire locally, and I'm thinking of upgrading my CX rig.

I watched a few videos and people really love these setups, but one person said they are supposed to be VERY stiff. Do you find this frame too stiff for CX?

Any other comments regarding the frame?

mtbr member
    is there a weight limit on either the x fire and the x night?

trainer
    Nov 2010
    I have a 2011 X Fire. I would have to agree that it is a very stiff frame, much stiffer than any other bike I have ever owned. I don't do a lot of x races but is seems fine to me. I do quite a bit of gravel road riding and love the bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by podrunner View Post
    I have a 2011 X Fire. I would have to agree that it is a very stiff frame, much stiffer than any other bike I have ever owned. I don't do a lot of x races but is seems fine to me. I do quite a bit of gravel road riding and love the bike.
    That's good to hear! Do you know if there were any changes between 2009 and 2010 frame?

Also, I'm 5'10" with a 31" inseam. Should I be on a 50 or 52cm frame?

Thanks!

Ming

trainer
    Nov 2010
    I really dont know of any frame changes, however, be careful on Ridley x-frame sizes. I found that my 56 frame is more like a road 58.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by podrunner View Post
    I really dont know of any frame changes, however, be careful on Ridley x-frame sizes. I found that my 56 frame is more like a road 58.
    aahh.. On the road I'm between a 54 and a 56 depending on the manufacturer, so I guess a 52 will be a good fit!

mtbr member
    I ended up with a brand new 54cm X Night Just missing a few parts before it's built up!