mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Who wants to build me a DH frame?

title says it all. I am willing to pay for a custom frame that actually fits. I'm pretty short so it's really hard to find a good sized frame. I ride 60/40 DH/FR and I plan to do a few races a year.
    any takers?
    Last edited by jonnyp; 11-23-2007 at 04:07 PM.

Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    In your case, custom geometry comes at a price... Especially if you want a DH frame. Most of the smaller companys will do custom geometry, but good luck finding it cheap. I saw this link on the Knolly site that seems appropriate, but if you want to race, the V-tach is a tad heavy... http://www.knollybikes.com/frames/small/index.aspx

Also take a look at Nicolai. You have to know what you want in all your geometry specs, but for a custom built DH frame, look nowhere else! http://www.nicolai.net/products/e-frames.html

I'm sure there are other companys out there that will do it. These 2 are pretty blingy, but the nicest you could find IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    yeah I looked at the V-tach and you're right, it does have a low standover, but the rest of the geo isn't what I'm looking for. Chris from Canfield sent me the geo for the new CanDiggle which is as close to what I'm looking for as you can get without going custom. I've been comparing frame geo for the past few days to the geo of the CanDiggle. the '08 SC Bullet and the V-tach where the 2 frames with geo in the same 'ballpark' as the Candiggle.
    as for a custom frame: I've been thinking about getting one for awhile. I was pretty much dead set on getting a custom frame before I got the CanDiggle geo.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Take a look at Purgatory Bikes. The owner/ builder is a great guy, and will build you the custom, one off bike you are looking for. He's a little backed up right now, but if you get in touch with him I'm sure you can work something out.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I think SWD makes custom steel frames:
    http://www.swdracing.com/

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknugget
    Take a look at Purgatory Bikes. The owner/ builder is a great guy, and will build you the custom, one off bike you are looking for. He's a little backed up right now, but if you get in touch with him I'm sure you can work something out.
    thanks for turning me on to Purgatory. the bikes are sick and the price is pretty good for full out custom frame

mtbr member
    Mark at Purgatory is a great guy.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sikocycles
    Mark at Purgatory is a great guy.
    he seems like a wicked cool guy. he even invited me to got riding with him(well when the weather warms up)

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Marc is a good dude. You are not going to find better customer service any where in the industry. Definitely hit him up for that ride, you'll be able to try out his sweet machines and check out our local riding spot.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Chumba Racing does custom builds.

http://www.chumbaracing.com/custom_frames.shtml
    Last edited by Rover Nick; 12-11-2007 at 03:27 PM.