Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Versus (merged thread)

what is your knowledge on this bike?

is it true that it only has a two year warranty?

is it a good freeride bike, what are the pros and cons?

sorry i put this here there just doesnt seem to be much on here exept the review on it

thanks, ninjaman
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

TNC
    noMAD man
    Oh no...here comes dogonfr...LOL! I'm sure he'll chime in and give some good first hand info since he has one. But one thing I was totally impressed with on the construction of this bike is their use of needle bearing sets in all or at least the most critical pivot points. Motorcycles and especially dirt motorcycles learned this long ago, that a proper needle bearing set is stronger and more effective than a ball bearing cassette at critical pivot points. They're slightly more expensive, but when taken into the final account of the frame cost, I think it's insignificant. That Blitz frame looks heavy, and I've heard they're around 11 pounds, but hey...it's a freeride frame. The Transition Dirt Bag frame weighs about 12 pounds, so nothing unusual for a burly frame.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Blitz or Blitz II?

Blitz was last years model and is a bit different from the Blitz II. The frame that Adrenalin's blowing out cheap is the old Blitz. I haven't looked at that frame too much but considered a Blitz II to build up recently. I like it's geo on paper 17" chainstays, 21.8" TT on the small with a 28" standover height makes me think the bike will feel small and tossable, like a BMX bike. The 14.3" BB height outght to be a good compromise between clearance and low CG. The only things that I never did find out is what the leverage ratio of the rear shock is and what height fork (specific axle to crown height) these numbers are based on. It looks like it's built around a 6" fork like Fox 36 but I see it with a taller Marz 66 as well on the site. Oh, and the 68 deg HT angle looks to be pretty trail friendly.

roa
    mtbr member
    May 2006
    well i just picked up a blitz 1 and its great just what i wanted. just like what Err said it feels like a small bike much like a BMX so its very maneuverable. i paired the Swinger 4-way with a Shermon Flick 90/130. so it climbs great. i keep up to most xcers until my legs give out. bike is on the heavy side but bombs rather nice. love passing all the xcers that smile as they pass me up just to see me pass them as they eat my dust.
    it came with the 4-way but i much rather have a DHX 5.0. dogonfr helped me out allot. im sure he will chime to help. he uses the DHX (whish i new that before picking the 4-way) dont get me wrong its a nice shock but its a hit or miss. i went through 2 before i finally had Manitou special re-valve mine. was hoping for a 6-way out of it.. oh well.
    anyway its a great bike bombs really nice and climbs to boot. it has an option of 4-5-6" setup but playing around with it i never took it out of the 6". coming from a group of friends that all ride Kona's mostly stinky's and Dawgs i keep up to both. so i think i got best of both worlds.
    oh and if your going with the Adrenalin's bike which i did. stay away from the entry level setup package. the rear sram D has plastic parts that i blew out in my 3rd run. shifters are pretty decent Sanitou fork just plain sucks. rebound is to harsh and you will bounce off rocks and flip. i had to switch my XT stuff from my Kona hardtail to the Blitz. much much better now.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    hit the deck for dogonfr!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    I'm a week now from going to miami, I'm working there for a couple of months and just looked at the blitz II it's really nice really like the geometry and well I'll see how it works for me, I also took a look at the Transition bottle rocket it's really good also seems as the same good quallity . Only one question do you know about how much is the regular price for the blitz II???
    Road riders put their bikes on top of shiny $50,000 cars. But the average full-suspension rider puts his bike on top of a beat-up barely-hanging-together car that costs a fraction of what their bike costs. For them their bike is their life.

All show all the time
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    Oh no...here comes dogonfr...LOL! I'm sure he'll chime in and give some good first hand info since he has one. But one thing I was totally impressed with on the construction of this bike is their use of needle bearing sets in all or at least the most critical pivot points. Motorcycles and especially dirt motorcycles learned this long ago, that a proper needle bearing set is stronger and more effective than a ball bearing cassette at critical pivot points. They're slightly more expensive, but when taken into the final account of the frame cost, I think it's insignificant. That Blitz frame looks heavy, and I've heard they're around 11 pounds, but hey...it's a freeride frame. The Transition Dirt Bag frame weighs about 12 pounds, so nothing unusual for a burly frame.
    The Transition Dirtbag is not 12Lbs. From the Transtion Bikes website:

# Frame Weight (including rear shock): 10.9 lbs

This is with a Swinger coil shock, its almost 1lb lighter with a DHX air.

TNC
    noMAD man

I beg to differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    The Transition Dirtbag is not 12Lbs. From the Transtion Bikes website:

# Frame Weight (including rear shock): 10.9 lbs

This is with a Swinger coil shock, its almost 1lb lighter with a DHX air.
    We weighed a large at the shop when we built one up for one of our riding buddies and it was right on 12lbs. on our shop scale...BTW the scale is right on the money, as we've checked it against known check weights since then. Now, maybe they are weighing a small, or something else different for their comparison, but I guarantee that frame we had was 12lbs....and it had the Swinger coil on it. I'm not trashing the bike. I think it's beefy because of what it's intended to be capable of. It's not a trail bike. The guy that bought it got it for the reason that it is has some meat in it...after he broke the frame on his Bullit.

Besides, you don't believe everything you read on a manufacturer's website, do you?

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Dude, did dogonfr fall off the face of the earth or something?

Bueller?
    Bueller?

We know you live for these threads.

mtbr member
    where is the guy when i need his expertice(sp)

well since im low on money im just buying the frame from adrenaline and putting the parts from my fuel 70 onto it, will they all fit?

i put a manitou splice comp, short stem off a stp, raceface bashgaurd, diamondback pedals, and wtb front rim on my fuel 70, besides that it is stock

there is the fuel http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike...d=1142600&f=14

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    How do i miss this stuff, must be getting younger!!

Yes it only has a 2 year warranty but Herb & Vivian are awsome people if you broke the frame somehow they will be there to help you somehow, they'r awsome people very customer oriented.

Is it a freeride bike? Chris is on of the team riders uses his for DJ/DH/AM/FR & urban all the time usually in the 5 inch possition.

For me i ride in the 6 inch position, yehaww, with a 6 inch fork. The bike is awsome it loves to be riden hard, i get the feeling the more abusive the happier it is. Mine is a porker at 39.65lbs, but about to go on a diet, for the travel & weight it does climb very well, i always give up beffor the bike going up hill. Going down it is smoother & faster than my old SC SuperAte with a black box team issue Boxxer fork, that fork was sweet. A nice thing with Versus is they have a CNC machine in house & do a ton of fabrication so they know there stuff, the designs are for a reason & if there is a problem they can deal with it imidiatly instead of waiting for the fabricator to work with them. Customer service is at the top since they are not a big shot player they are there for the customer, its frigin great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    David likes his blitz!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    How do i miss this stuff, must be getting younger!!

Yes it only has a 2 year warranty but Herb & Vivian are awsome people if you broke the frame somehow they will be there to help you somehow, they'r awsome people very customer oriented.

Is it a freeride bike? Chris is on of the team riders uses his for DJ/DH/AM/FR & urban all the time usually in the 5 inch possition.

For me i ride in the 6 inch position, yehaww, with a 6 inch fork. The bike is awsome it loves to be riden hard, i get the feeling the more abusive the happier it is. Mine is a porker at 39.65lbs, but about to go on a diet, for the travel & weight it does climb very well, i always give up beffor the bike going up hill. Going down it is smoother & faster than my old SC SuperAte with a black box team issue Boxxer fork, that fork was sweet. A nice thing with Versus is they have a CNC machine in house & do a ton of fabrication so they know there stuff, the designs are for a reason & if there is a problem they can deal with it imidiatly instead of waiting for the fabricator to work with them. Customer service is at the top since they are not a big shot player they are there for the customer, its frigin great.

mtbr member
    so will the components from my fuel fit on the blitz?

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    If budgets the issue, go for the 05 Blitz, I dont think u could go wrong...although the Blitz II IMO is way sicker. here's a short vid of andrew last year riping on the 05 Blitz

mtbr member
    i am getting the 05 blitz, frame... i only got like 800$

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

not really a noob
    looks nice
    and theres trigger also
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=1]I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD[/SIZE]

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Ninjaman-
    Most of your parts will fit but that fork prob isn't going to cut it long term and you will have to make sure you have enough steerer tube on it. The seatpost size might be different. Most of the rest of the stuff should work fine.

TNC
    noMAD man
    Boy, Hardcore...that white one is flat out good looking...and there aren't too many flies on the gray one either...LOL!

ride hard take risks
    They should transfer over, the seat post is 30.9mm, the steer is short with intigrated bearings. As mentioned by Err you should upgrade the fork down the road.

ride hard take risks

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    David likes his blitz!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yes i do !!!

mtbr member
    yeah, i was pretty sure that the seat post would be different but i will just grab one out of the bargin bin at the local bike shop... and for the forks, will marazocchi 66 work, i will get those in time...

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    yeah, i was pretty sure that the seat post would be different but i will just grab one out of the bargin bin at the local bike shop... and for the forks, will marazocchi 66 work, i will get those in time...
    Ya make SMT happy the 66 will be awsome on it!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    Ninjaman-
    Most of your parts will fit but that fork prob isn't going to cut it long term and you will have to make sure you have enough steerer tube on it. The seatpost size might be different. Most of the rest of the stuff should work fine.
    curious, why wont the fork cut it long term?

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    curious, why wont the fork cut it long term?
    A Judy fork will not hold up to agressive riding, you will kill it.

Whoops forgot it will throw the geometry off, no travel.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

versus blitz I

I had a Versus Blitz I for a little less than 2 months.
    Pros: Super plush, Great downhiller, Over built

Cons: Over built, HEAVY, weak rear suspension with lots of lateral flex, even with the new chainstay.
    I feel that the design of the Blitz I is inherently flawed which is why there is now a Blitz II.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast