Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 402
  1. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    yeah, out of my range, what size is the seatpost on the blitz
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  2. #52
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    116
    if you are one of those that keeps things for a long time go ahead and spend the extra $$ to get what you want, you'll be happier with it in the long run and the extra ching will be worth it...

  3. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    what is the size of the seat post?
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  4. #54
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    what is the size of the seat post?
    30.9 MM

  5. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    73
    Put me down for the Blitz. I rode the old one for almost a year. Raced it in the downhill and I am going to try and race it in the cross country and a 4X race just for $hit$ and giglges. I rode it downhill at least twice a week with the 66RC on it and never had to do anything to the frame. Everytime I came back from a ride everything was still tight. There was only one time when the bolts behind the sprocket came loose and that was because I really cased it hard. I ended up not riding for 3 months and the bike just needed to have that one bolt tightend. I started out with the old chainstay but about the time they upgraded I ordered some shirts and they sent me the new chainstay with the shirts. I think I only had to pay for the $2-3 extra shipping. If you are getting a Blitz don't even worry about the durability. If you want something that is on the light end of the spectrum you might not want the Blitz.

  6. #56
    I like to ride my bike.
    Reputation: RideFaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,575
    Hey dogonfr, what is the size is the seatpost? (27.2, 30.9....) I don't want to throw away the new purty Thomson I just bought with 27.2. I just broke my frame so I'm excited about hopefully getting the '05 Blitz. Also, I'm a true idiot when it comes to wheels. What wheelset would fit the rear axel...would these work???? http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...n-Wheelset.htm

    Sorry if I'm bugging you...but you certainly love your Blitz and from what I can tell, you know a lot about bikes...
    -Thanks
    I like bicycles. Bicycles make me happy. Riding them makes me even happier.
    Scott Bicycles
    Maxxis Tires
    Team Blog

  7. #57
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by RideFaster
    Hey dogonfr, what is the size is the seatpost? (27.2, 30.9....) I don't want to throw away the new purty Thomson I just bought with 27.2. I just broke my frame so I'm excited about hopefully getting the '05 Blitz. Also, I'm a true idiot when it comes to wheels. What wheelset would fit the rear axel...would these work???? http://www.blueskycycling.com/produc...n-Wheelset.htm

    Sorry if I'm bugging you...but you certainly love your Blitz and from what I can tell, you know a lot about bikes...
    -Thanks
    Ohhh 30.9 on the seat post. Those wheels will work fine

    No buggin here bro ask away

  8. #58
    Rocket Scientist
    Reputation: bpatterson6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,012
    Mine is Forsale: COMPLETE

    Complete Bike Nice Freeride Rig
    2005 Versus Blitz Frame Size L with Fox DHX 5.0 800lb Spring w/ FSA 0 Stack Integrated Headset.
    Azonic Outlaw Wheels - 20mm Front & 12mm x 135mm Rear
    NYC Freeride 12mm to 10mm Step Down Rear Axle
    Maxxis Minion DHF 26x2.5 Front - Maxxis High Roller 26x2.5 Rear
    Stans Tubeless Setup
    Azonic World Force 2.0in Rise Bars
    ODI Ruffian Grips
    Race Face Diabolus 50mm Stem
    Truvativ Hussefelft 170mm Cranks
    Truvativ Gigapipe DH ISIS BB 68/73mm x 118mm BB
    MRP World Cup System 2 Chain Guide 40t Max
    Marzocchi 66RC2 170mm Travel - Very Nice Fork!!
    SRAM 990 Cassette
    SRAM 950 Chain
    Shimano DX 7 Platform Pedals
    Titec 30.9 Seat Post
    Titec Berserkr Seat
    Hope QR Seat Clamp
    Shimano XTR Rear Derailleur
    SRAM Attack Trigger Shifter

    $2500.00




  9. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: fuelinjection23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    187

    derk

    u should get the blitz or..........GET A STINKY AT wheelworld.com

  10. #60
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    That be a sweet lookin Blitz

  11. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    i was just reading around and lookin at the blitz II and it looks like it only has one position and i heard that it was because the original blitz could only be ridin well in one position, must have been 6 inch
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  12. #62
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    i was just reading around and lookin at the blitz II and it looks like it only has one position and i heard that it was because the original blitz could only be ridin well in one position, must have been 6 inch
    It can be riden in any possition with the proper spring rate. You can not just change the shock possition without at least swaping the spring. If you go from the 6 to the 5 in travel the spring is to stiff. Chris one of the factory riders rides his in the 5 inch possition alot.

  13. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    i wouldnt run it with double crowns, but why doesnt anyone else?
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  14. #64
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    i wouldnt run it with double crowns, but why doesnt anyone else?
    There are some double crowns out there, unfortunatly when Versus updated the web site they got ride of the old pic's. I would say that modt run the single crown for less weight, better turning radius, & the 2 most common settings for the rear shock are 5 & 6 inches. My Fire Fly Plus with a 20mm axle is fine, fork tecnoligy has come a long way.

  15. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stratguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    It can be riden in any possition with the proper spring rate. You can not just change the shock possition without at least swaping the spring. If you go from the 6 to the 5 in travel the spring is to stiff. Chris one of the factory riders rides his in the 5 inch possition alot.
    Hey, you seem to know alot about all their riders! I ride for them now and am good friends with AT, PL and chris rodriguez and herb and them. Are you local to the bay, if so I probobly have met you somewhere. Im stoked to get on their bikes and am even selling my sunday to get one. Ive ridden all of the the blitz 2's since its first prototype that peter now has and the other prototypes they made further down the road. May I say that they are sick FR frames and am selling my Sunday so I can get on one. The sunday definately wasnt my bike as I wont be doing as much racing now but definately doing FR a whollleee bunch. Heres a sneak peak at the new hardtail too! Its still a proto but I rode it and damn it SICK!!!!!

  16. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation: angus242's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    66
    I had dual crowns on mine. Never had a problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #67
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by stratguy
    Hey, you seem to know alot about all their riders! I ride for them now and am good friends with AT, PL and chris rodriguez and herb and them.
    Yup i live in the East Bay, Herb & Vivian know me well, Chris & i have talked a couple times, great person. Looking forward to the new HT, looks to be flying well under you!!

  18. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    that is siicckk.... im so close to bein able to afford one
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  19. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: stratguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Yup i live in the East Bay, Herb & Vivian know me well, Chris & i have talked a couple times, great person. Looking forward to the new HT, looks to be flying well under you!!
    What city do you live in? I have some friends over there and my girlfriend lives over in concord and she rides too. Alot of people know her as the chick that raced in the pink skirt at sea otter. And that pic isnt of me, its of Andrew Taylor, but I should have one of those frames soon!!!!!!

  20. #70
    ride hard take risks
    Reputation: dogonfr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    25,589
    Quote Originally Posted by stratguy
    What city do you live in? I have some friends over there and my girlfriend lives over in concord and she rides too. Alot of people know her as the chick that raced in the pink skirt at sea otter. And that pic isnt of me, its of Andrew Taylor, but I should have one of those frames soon!!!!!!
    Im in Pinole, the world famous chick in the pink skirt.

  21. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    59



  22. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ninjaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    136
    i ccant see ur pix...
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

    [SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

  23. #73
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    59
    try my yahoo photos address whether u can view the pictures

    http://sg.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dbl...UFAJFBFk4XoTBk

  24. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    59





  25. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    59





Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •