Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    A Judy fork will not hold up to agressive riding, you will kill it.

Whoops forgot it will throw the geometry off, no travel.

i have a manitou splice comp...
    "if you dont scare yourself a little each day, your not truely living"

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaman
    i have a manitou splice comp...
    Thats a better fork buy you will probibly outride the fork in no time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free2ride
    I had a Versus Blitz I for a little less than 2 months.
    Pros: Super plush, Great downhiller, Over built

Cons: Over built, HEAVY, weak rear suspension with lots of lateral flex, even with the new chainstay.
    I feel that the design of the Blitz I is inherently flawed which is why there is now a Blitz II.

how much does a new chainstay cost and where can one be bought(link).... what rear shock did you use because i have used the manitou metal r with coil and piggyback and its seems pretty nice...

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    how much does a new chainstay cost and where can one be bought(link).... what rear shock did you use because i have used the manitou metal r with coil and piggyback and its seems pretty nice...
    Versus should give it to you. My blitz had a problem from day one with the pivots just above the rear axle spreading 2+ mm when the suspension compressed ( normal ride sag ) causing constant brake rub. Really quite annoying. Needless to say, I am no longer riding a Versus. I did have a Swinger 4 way with a 700 spring.

mtbr member
    versus should give it to me but if not were could one be bought, considering im buying just the frame from adrenaline cycles...

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Did you already buy the frame?

ride hard take risks
    Versus should give it to you. My blitz had a problem from day one with the pivots just above the rear axle spreading 2+ mm when the suspension compressed ( normal ride sag ) causing constant brake rub. Really quite annoying. Needless to say, I am no longer riding a Versus. I did have a Swinger 4 way with a 700 spring.
    There is always going to be 1 bad apple, this is why they have a warranty. No one is going to throw a different frame to you without a investigation as to the cause. It is the same procedure in any industry with a warranty. If your ZX10R had a squeaking frome the rear shock area the dealership would have to go through a process of elimination to find the problem, it may take them 6 months & 3 attempts to resolve but that is the system. Herb is awsome & i would belive him to do whatever is necessary to resolve the problem, it's a shame it didnt work out for you because it is a really nice frame.

mtbr member
    no but did your chainstay look like this
    http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...ES%20on%20SALE

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    Did you already buy the frame?
    You PM'ed me about this problem & i had a coupple sugestions & you never responded back. Did you sign on to MTBR just for this reason. There seams to be a hatered with you over Versus.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You PM'ed me about this problem & i had a coupple sugestions & you never responded back. Did you sign on to MTBR just for this reason. There seams to be a hatered with you over Versus.
    No hatred dog, just not happy with the bike and don't want anyone to have a similar experience. I talked to Herb at length about the issue and tried all of the suggestions that I was given. After many, many hours the conclusion reached by myself and 2 bike shops was defective frame. Versus offered me another Blitz I, which after all of the time that I had invested was out of the question, or an upgrade to a Blitz II where I had to pay the difference and they would thow in the air shock upgrade for free. I didn't want the air shock nor to pay full price for the difference, so I'm seeking alternative frames like a Turner or Ellsworth. I do appreciate your help and suggestions dogonfr.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    no but did your chainstay look like this
    http://www.adrenalinebikes.com/store...ES%20on%20SALE
    That is the old chainstay. If you decide to buy one, definitely ask for the new chainstay.

mtbr member
    were would i get the new chainstay?

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Ask Adrenaline, or call Versus. Adrenaline and Versus are both pretty easy to deal with. According to Versus, the Blitz I should come with the upgraded chainstay.

ride hard take risks
    No hatred dog, just not happy with the bike and don't want anyone to have a similar experience. I talked to Herb at length about the issue and tried all of the suggestions that I was given. After many, many hours the conclusion reached by myself and 2 bike shops was defective frame. Versus offered me another Blitz I, which after all of the time that I had invested was out of the question, or an upgrade to a Blitz II where I had to pay the difference and they would thow in the air shock upgrade for free. I didn't want the air shock nor to pay full price for the difference, so I'm seeking alternative frames like a Turner or Ellsworth. I do appreciate your help and suggestions dogonfr.
    I hope your next frame experiance works better for you than this one did. Sounds like Herb was trying to make all better but you were frustrated & didnt want to persue another Versus. That is all cool there are alot of frame manufactures out there that are really good & it can be tough to narrow it down to what is best for us. Sometimes our first pick isnt the right one & we need to rethink the next option. All bikes & frames have a warranty just like cars, motos or airplanes & there is a warranty process that gets fallowed, some times it is frustrating to the consumer even me.

mtbr member
    whats your opinion on this dragon? is there really a sh!tty chain stay, how bad is it, how does it affect riding?

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    The frames comming out of Adrenaline should have the updated chainstay if not you can contact Herb or Vivian at Versus & they will send it out to you. I rode mine with the original chainstay for awhile beffor the upgraded one came out. Versus has a CNC machine in house & do alot of product testing beffor, durring & after release. If there is a problem they are therre to resolve it not like some companys that replace as the consumer calls in saying it broke.

ride hard take risks
    whats your opinion on this dragon? is there really a sh!tty chain stay, how bad is it, how does it affect riding?
    Haha i already answered the question. You can see the video above of it being launched, i dont do the jumps like other owners do but it gets a beating at places like North*, Oat Hill & Downieville with no problems. The new chainstay definatly made it rail corners tighter. Herb realized there was a problem & dealt with it properly. All the Versus bikes go through alot of testing beffor they hit the market with alot of upgrading, that is a part of product testing & fortunatly for Versus they can manufacture there own parts for testing beffor they hit the market. Nothing in theis world is perfect, except for XSL_WiLL.

mtbr member
    do you think adrenaline will put the chainstay on it?

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

ride hard take risks
    do you think adrenaline will put the chainstay on it?
    It is probibly already on the bike. Every one i spoke with that ordered a Blitz from Adrenaline had the updated chainstay on it already. The new chainstay came out back in august i belive.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    It is probibly already on the bike. Every one i spoke with that ordered a Blitz from Adrenaline had the updated chainstay on it already. The new chainstay came out back in august i belive.
    Make sure that you ask for it. My Blitz came from Adrenaline in late April with the old chainstay.

mtbr member
    I owned a Blitz (purchased 5/05) and got the updated chainstay this past March. One note, and this might be unique to just me, while the chainstay upgrade was free, I had to pay for shipping. I installed it myself which is easy to do if the frame isn't built up.
    I had not a single problem with my Blitz and did almost everything from XC to DH with it. You won't be disappointed!

mtbr member
    hooraay!!! i cant wait i only got like 200$ more to go! i should start doin some yard work...

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    would rather get a transition bottlerocket
    Signatures are for losers

mtbr member
    no, they arent no blitz

[SIZE="3"]831[/SIZE]

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    The bottlerocket does look sweet. Real nice with a DHX Air on it... But still a few hundred more than the Blitz though.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast