mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Transition Wheelset

I noticed alot of you guys with Transition frames also picked up the Revolution wheelset. Looking to pick up a set also. Just wondering any reviews you guys had with them. I usually beat the heck out of my wheels

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I don't have a review, but I know that the Transition Wheelset is the same as the Azonic Outlaw wheelset...

Which is actually a rebadged version of the Alex Supra BH.
    So they should be strong as heck (for the price point)

But you don't have to take my word for it, as I haven't actually ridden them.

Custom User Title
    You can't afford such high end zoot.

Remember you just got some killa wheels, ala oldsmanbile.
    Team MOJO Wheels.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    i have a set of the 36mm Revolutions on my Transition Dirtbag... they are absolutely bombproof wheels. As borry mentioned, they are in fact Alex Supra BH rims, rebadged for TBC, and Azonic alike.

I'm a big guy 6'3"/215, and like to ride hard and fast... i've been punishing these wheels at the local DJs, DH, drops to flat, Mammoth, anything i throw at them they are still as true as they were the day i put them on.

for 270 bucks, i'm getting another set when/if i blow these up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I have the 32H version on my Preston FR. They are quite durable. I also own a set of Azonic Outlaws on my DH bike. I've ridden both at Diablo FRP. These wheels can take a beating for sure. At that price, they are tough to beat in terms of value. The Outlaws are nice because they come with the kit that allows you to run skewers or a 20mm/12mm setup in the rear. I would definitely get another set of TBC wheels as a replacement. Go for it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Rear thru axle is key. Can the TBC wheels be converted ?
    All about the ride

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/...Revolution.cfm

They are available in the 150mm rear spacing w/ thru axle, I'm not sure if they have a conversion kit. Perhaps it could be ordered from Azonic, and adapted to the TBC wheelset. Check with Mike or Kyle, they are good guys.

I got the Azonic outlaw for $249 at jensonusa, it comes w/ the thru axle and skewer kit.
    Last edited by praetorian; 10-20-2006 at 02:08 AM.

mtbr remember
    anyone have any idea if the hubs are the same between Outlaws and TBC?
    who are they manufactured by, Dimension, or Formula, etc.????

also, what is the dif. between Alex Supra D and BH.... one is just pinned and one is welded seam? sorry for all of the questions, just looking into another set like the original poster, and I need a 20mm front and a 135X12mm thru rear hub.

oh, another question now that I take a look at TBC's site - what is the 36mm rim they are offering??? The Supra BH and D are only 32 roughly, not 36... somebody help me out...
    thanks.
    Schralp it Heavy.