Leash Law Enforcer

Transition Covert

Just saw this frame on their website. Curious if anyone out there has one of these and can give some ride impressions?

Edit: Website says availability is not until late 12/06, so probably no one has it.
    Last edited by Pinch; 11-03-2006 at 02:37 PM.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

Brackish
    I got a test ride on a pre-production model a couple of weeks ago. It rides like a great AM bike that leans heavily to the XC end of the spectrum. The model I rode was spec-ed for lightness, with carbon bars and some silly-light cranks on it and weighed around 30lbs. It had 2.1 tires on it, I forget which make, and the Industry 9 blue wheelset picured on the Transition site. It climbed like a goat, zipped right up the steep fireroad climbs we had, and descended fairly well for a bike I had never ridden before. Descents were a little twitchier than I am used to, due mainly to the XC-oriented cockpit and the more stretched-out feel that comes with it. I will say that the bike has more breathing room than the typically tight Transition feel of their other models. Short story: I liked it alot, and if I wanted an AM bike in the XC end of the spectrum I'd build one up in a heartbeat. If you do more stunt riding, lean toward aggressive AM, I'd suggest looking at a Preston or even a Bottle Rocket (which climbs suprisingly well).