mtbr member
    Jan 2006

Transition Bottlerocket

I am looking into getting a shore bike that I can pedal up and take down. I have been more than happy to have found the Transition line, and am very interested in their bikes. I am looking at the Bottlerocket, Preston FR and Dirt Bag. I am really interested in the Bottlerocket (hence the name of the thread) and want to hear from some of you people with them. How does it pedal up the hills? I want to be able to pedal up and down throughout a day of riding. Does the 2.5" tire clearance bother you? Do you ever wish you could run a bigger tire? I am still somewhat new to mountain biking, although I LOVED my 24" BMX I had for years. Ive heard the BR compared to a BMX in feel, and I like that.

Hope to hear from you guys soon,
    Nate

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Just do a search, there are several threads that discuss how the BR pedals. The only concern you should have with the BR is if you can get proper seatpost extension. Just do an advanced search and just search posts made by me and it will at least hit 3 threads discussing this issue. I also love the what transition has to offer and I am trying to decide between the Covert and Preston FR, its tough. Good luck, and no matter what I do not think you can go wrong with the choices you have listed.