mtbr member
    Oct 2005

Transition Bottle Rocket proto : x post in Downhill/Freeride forum

Check out the pics of Transitions prototype Bottle Rocket. According to their blog it's been designed from the ground up as a slopestyle bike. Could be interesting.

http://www.transitionbikes.com/image...etEnlarged.jpg

What are you looking at?
    this link works better... http://www.transitionbikes.com/image...etEnlarged.jpg

It looks awesome, I bet slopestyle bikes are going to take off soon..
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    that is the most incredible ride i've ever seen...must have....

M

MK_
    carpe maņana
    More info and pix in the blog:
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/Blog.cfm

Looks very sweet. A strong contender for my new ride.

_MK
    "No man goes before his time -- unless the boss leaves early."
    -- Marx, Groucho

industry employee
    I am building a Preston FR right now but I already know what my next ride is going to be!

What are you looking at?
    Looks like it's a production bike now... I might have to test ride one.
    http://www.transitionbikes.com/BottleRocket.cfm
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

mtbr member

Trail Bike?

I am looking to replace the old Joker that I am riding and have been looking at an SX Trail or Nomad, but leaning towards the SX Trail. Then the bottle rocket was shown and I had to add it to the mix. I am planning to ride trail and some dirt jumping. I was comparing the geometry of the SX Trail and the Bottle Rocket and they are very similiar, really only the seat tube angle has a considerable difference. The shock is much larger on the SX Trail 2.75 inch stroke for 6.6 inches of travel compared to the 2.25 inch stroke of the Bottle Rocket for 5.5 inches of travel. The bottle rocket frame will be close to ten pounds with a DHX coil as it 8 pounds without a shock, and the SX Trail is 8.8 pounds. I think the bottle rocket will take hold up to abuse better. I have been reading where the SX Trails have been breaking at their rear chainstay. So the bottle rocket is being advertised as a slope style bike, but being so similiar to the SX trail I think it will be great for trail also, maybe a little heavy for pedaling, almost 2 pounds heavier than a nomad with a coil shock. I think the bottle rocket looks like a real contendor what do other people think, any insights.

What are you looking at?
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Hitter
    I am looking to replace the old Joker that I am riding and have been looking at an SX Trail or Nomad, but leaning towards the SX Trail. Then the bottle rocket was shown and I had to add it to the mix. I am planning to ride trail and some dirt jumping. I was comparing the geometry of the SX Trail and the Bottle Rocket and they are very similiar, really only the seat tube angle has a considerable difference. The shock is much larger on the SX Trail 2.75 inch stroke for 6.6 inches of travel compared to the 2.25 inch stroke of the Bottle Rocket for 5.5 inches of travel. The bottle rocket frame will be close to ten pounds with a DHX coil as it 8 pounds without a shock, and the SX Trail is 8.8 pounds. I think the bottle rocket will take hold up to abuse better. I have been reading where the SX Trails have been breaking at their rear chainstay. So the bottle rocket is being advertised as a slope style bike, but being so similiar to the SX trail I think it will be great for trail also, maybe a little heavy for pedaling, almost 2 pounds heavier than a nomad with a coil shock. I think the bottle rocket looks like a real contendor what do other people think, any insights.
    Lets start with the SX trail. When I rode the SX trail II I soon found out it was not an XC bike at all. It weighs around 35lbs, but it also has very slack angles(such as a 66 degree head tube angle). other then that it was a very fun bike. But I wouldn't want to climb anything on it(but I'm really small)

Nomad. I have not had the privilege to ride a Nomad yet but I do know they can weight 30-40 lbs or so and you can get them with XC, AM, and FR kits, and I have heard that they can climb well.

Bottlerocket. The bottlerocket has the shortest amount of rear travel And it says on Transition's web site that the Bottlerocket is good for DJing.

Make sure you test them all before you pick one based on specs.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher