No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

SWD Racing frames? Info. on them?

I'm now a hardtail rider. "Aggressive Trail Riding" would be best to describe what I ride. Been on steel frames from smaller co.'s for years.
    Getting a little older and looking to maybe go full sus. in the future.
    You might have seen my post. (Any small builders using single pivot designs?)
    I know that there's PLENTY of good frames/companies out there. But, I was looking someone working with steel. (Hey, I've just always been a steel frame kind of guy.) I don't need "bling" and I usually look toward durability over weight. (Think: Rhino Lite's over "race rims", etc.) That, and I just like the look of steel frames. Hmmm, shortest chainstays possible....my current frame an Eastern Woods Research Woods Bike frame has 15.9" in the chainstays. I know that I won't find anything that short per most full sus. design limitations. But, I thought that I could get someone to do, say, a Cannondale Rush rear swingarm (16.6" CS) on a steel front triangle.
    Just like riding something unique. Plus, I just don't need 6+" of travel for my trailriding like most "All mountain" stuff out there.

SO...Came across the SWD blip in the "Handmade" section of Bike. He works in steel, has a single pivot design philosophy, will do his one design in anything from 4-6" of travel, and he's a short guy. (I'm 5' 6" but I've always been a TERRIBLE fit on most bikes as I have a LONG torso and SHORT legs....my inseam is like a 28"...cursed with that, "stocky" build.)

So...enough babble from me.
    Appreciate any comments....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006

Swd Racing

I HAVE BEEN RIDING SWD BIKES FOR ALMOST TWO YEARS AND CAN ASSURE YOU THAT YOU WILL LIKE THE RIDE MORE THAN ANY OTHER BIKE OUT. IF YOU LIKE STEEL AND SINGLE PIVOT BIKES, THE SIX GUN IS THE BIKE FOR YOU AND WILL IMPRESS YOU WITHOUT A DOUBT. IT IS THE BEST TRAIL BIKE I'VE EVER RIDDEN, AN AMAZINGLY PLAYFUL BIKE AND IT HAS IMPRESSED EVERYBODY WHO HAS TAKEN IT FOR A RIP. THE RIDE IS SOLID, STABLE, AND QUIET WITHOUT COMPROMISING WEIGHT OR HANDLING/PERFORMANCE. IT PEDALS/SPRINTS WELL AND IS CAPABLE OF TAKING A SERIOUS HIT AT THE SAME TIME. IT'S VERY LOW MAINTENANCE AND EASY TO SET UP. I'VE TRIED ROCO REARS AND THE DHX AIR AND THEY BOTH ROCK. FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME AT DHCYCOLOGY@WILDMAIL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE BIKES.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Anyone tried these before? Only $300 you can get them custom built to your size. The only thing that makes me nervous is that the bikes that people have been buying look like they're made for midgets. Okay maybe I am exaggerating, but they are pretty small.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=175897