Thread: Risse Lassen

rd3
    mtbr member

Risse Lassen

I have had this bike for a few years with various builds, but this one is the best feeling so far. Its mostly set up for freeride and technical dh trails. Its quick handeling and short wheel base make it rail around switchbacks.
    The Risse frame is pretty much the erector set of bike frames, as its very adjustable.

mtbr member

... and if we just ... Risse!

Nice to see another Risse fan out there. Very nice ride! Great setup- it looks very well take care of (like new!). Say, quick question: do you have much problems with rear suspension creak, ping noise on your ride? Seems I go through cycles of them going away and then re-appearing for no reason and wondered if you experienced anything like it?

Thanks much for the post and great pics!

rd3
    mtbr member
    Check the clearence between your shock spring and the the lower seatmast. If I run a fox shock on it, it will slight rub the seatmast if the spring isn't turned the correct way, making a creaking sound. Also check the upper part of the swingarm where is attaches to the dropouts, I put some washers between where they attach for more clearence, depends on what holes you have them in. Could also be a bad bearing making noise.
    Post some pics of your bike, I would like to see it.

40 oz to freedom
    Well its very odd looking, I'll give you that

Looks like you have it speced out very nicely. What does one of those toothpick DH frames usually cost? I think I might want one.
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got