sixsixtysix

Question for older Preston owners

Got a question for all you owners of the older style Preston's (Pre 2007). I just picked up what i believe is an 05 Preston with the Dangerboy plates, or it could be an 04 that was upgraded. Anyways, I picked it up dirt cheap from Craigslist figuring I could build up a cheap short travel rig for the days I don't feel like pedaling my 48lb Dirtbag. I inspected the frame before I bought it and didn't notice anything odd, got it home and started cleaning it up and noticed it has 2 small cracks in the driveside chainstay. On on the swingarm yolk right before the weld, and one on the weld where the dropout is welded.

They are not big cracks by any means, and at first glance I thought they were scratches. It took real close inspection to even notice them, so I am not surprised the previous owner didn't catch them, the frame otherwise is in really good condition. I understand that it's out of warranty, and not covered under the crash replacement since I am not the original owner, but I am going to see if Tranny would be willing to sell me a swingarm if they have one that fits.

Does anyone know if the swingarms from the 04/05/06 are interchangeable?

Your retarded
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixtysix
    Does anyone know if the swingarms from the 04/05/06 are interchangeable?
    I do not know the answer to this question. However, trust me when I say that you should call and talk with Kevin about their crash replacement program. Tell him that you are not the original owner, but ask if the crash replacement program still applies. My situation was not much different than yours and I walked away very happy with how Transition handled things. I can't say they will do the same, but I can say that I am a loyal Transition customer.
    A trail thatís too difficult wouldnít exist because itíd never be used. But, trails can exist thatíre too difficult for you.

Members who have read this thread: 0