Gringo the magnificent

preston problem-cable housings

For some reason the cable housing wires have been coming out of the housing(see pics)
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Not sure what's going on with them. It looks like the cables were partially damaged an inch or two past the first cable guide causing them to fray. I've never had a problem with the cableing on my Preston in the year i've had it. I'd say it's a result of the cable and not the cable guide on the bike but without seeing it who knows.

Here's a shot of my cables though i'm not running a front derailluer. My brake line isn't completly straight since i used the same cable off a previous bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004

preston problems

Quote Originally Posted by bgmtbiker
    For some reason the cable housing wires have been coming out of the housing(see pics)
    I was wondering if anyone else had this problem.
    Hey,

thats not a problem from the transition frame, change your endcaps and you have no problem with the cables.

Deadhead
    Mar 2004
    Lose the metal ferrules and make sure the cables are seated all the way when you re-cable the bike.
    "If you can get both wheels sliding with no brakes, that's when you really know that you're cookin." Nathan Rennie