Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

New Transition Covert

Been a lurker here for a while and finally signed up and wanted to share a little about my experience with the Transition Bike Co. guys.

I ordered my 07 Covert after much comparison and finally riding a Covert (thanks to Kevin at Transition ) I put my order in on a Orange Covert at Dropnzone.com. The guys at Transition and Dropnzone were awesome. Kevin put up with my dumb questions and let me take his Covert for a spin. What a great solid feeling and great looking bike. This bike is beautiful and I can't wait to get it muddy . I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning!!:

Coming from a hard tail for many years this bike will be jump in performance I can't imagine. Riding up on Galbraith here in Bellingham will be a whole new experience for me.

Thumbs up to Transition and Drop N' Zone.

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    good for you buddy.. and welcome to the Transition family.

i own a Dirtbag, and a recently built up Vagrant.. both bikes are outstanding.
    Transition is a great company that makes quality frames, no hype or bullsh!t.

props to Kyle and Kevin for keeping it real.

now. post pics!!!

person
    Im really interested in getting my hands on a covert. Im curious to see how it handles offroad. and yes Post Pics! im thinking about a white one, but I wanna know what the blue one looks like, anyone hav a pic or a link of a blue covert?
    My epiglottis is full of bees!

Slapheadmofo
    EPhatch

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Covertman
    Been a lurker here for a while and finally signed up and wanted to share a little about my experience with the Transition Bike Co. guys.

I ordered my 07 Covert after much comparison and finally riding a Covert (thanks to Kevin at Transition ) I put my order in on a Orange Covert at Dropnzone.com. The guys at Transition and Dropnzone were awesome. Kevin put up with my dumb questions and let me take his Covert for a spin. What a great solid feeling and great looking bike. This bike is beautiful and I can't wait to get it muddy . I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning!!:

Coming from a hard tail for many years this bike will be jump in performance I can't imagine. Riding up on Galbraith here in Bellingham will be a whole new experience for me.

Thumbs up to Transition and Drop N' Zone.
    Covertman

Welcome to mtbr

Congratulations on the new Transition !~!

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by G-VegasMTBiker
    Im really interested in getting my hands on a covert. Im curious to see how it handles offroad. and yes Post Pics! im thinking about a white one, but I wanna know what the blue one looks like, anyone hav a pic or a link of a blue covert?
    It's the same color as the '07 blue Dirtbag on the site.

Group Hug Participant

Covert?! Lucky!

If I may as, what fork and what shock are you going to use?
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

Leash Law Enforcer
    Can't wait to hear your impressions of it. Seems like it would be a great ride. It definitely has caught my eye.
    "I didn't even use crutches when I broke my leg!" - Aquaholic

mtbr member
    Thanks for the welcome . I will most definitely post pics after I pick it up. Hopefully it will be in mid Jan.

Quote Originally Posted by RuLz
    If I may as, what fork and what shock are you going to use?
    So far I'm planning on going with the Pike 426 U-turn 20mm and in the rear a Fox RP23.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Covertman
    Thanks for the welcome . I will most definitely post pics after I pick it up. Hopefully it will be in mid Jan.

So far I'm planning on going with the Pike 426 U-turn 20mm and in the rear a Fox RP23.
    Exciting times !~!

Looking forward to photos.

Is the Pike going to be coil or air ?~?

Group Hug Participant

Sweet!

That's the beauty of the Covert! So many different options to suit rider needs.

Build it light as an XC ripper, or add a coil shock with a 160 mm fork for BURLY ALL MOUNTAIN! Can't wait to see all the different builds.
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

In the Kitchen
    Just ordered my Covert as well!! White, RP23, Fox Float 140 RLC... Should have it mid/end-Jan..... Can't wait!
    Team Elevate Cycles - www.elevatecycles.com
    SMBA Member - www.saratogamtb.org
    Umphrey's McGee - www.umphreys.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by McGRP01
    Just ordered my Covert as well!! White, RP23, Fox Float 140 RLC... Should have it mid/end-Jan..... Can't wait!
    The wait.... they're always tough !~!
    Congratulations.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sick, can't wait to hear some real ride reports on these things. High on my list for sure...

mtbr member
    The wait is killing me . Kevin at Transition Bikes is hoping to give an arrival date by the end of the month.
    Took the hardtail out for a quick ride this afternoon up Cedar dust and down SST on Galbraith Mt. and was imagining how much more smooth it's going to be. OH ya.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by All Mountain
    Is the Pike going to be coil or air ?~?
    Air. I'm kinda of a knuckle head about the technical side of parts. I figure it's easier to maintain and adjust.

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Any of you gotten your Covert frames yet? I'm highly considering one to replace my Supergo/Weyless-67 Bullit clone frame; running it at just a bit over 6", with a Lyrik up front. Wanting a little less travel in back, lose a little weight, but still have durability. This seems like a good frame for the way I ride.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

******ed or Branded??
    what you guys think of the covert up against a 575. the reason i am asking is that i could get a 575 frame alot cheaper than the covert, and these two bikes are the bikes that i am being on the fence about. anybody got some pro and cons per bike???

thats right living legend
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi
    what you guys think of the covert up against a 575. the reason i am asking is that i could get a 575 frame alot cheaper than the covert, and these two bikes are the bikes that i am being on the fence about. anybody got some pro and cons per bike???

The Covert looks like it would be a good deal stiffer.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blackagness
    The Covert looks like it would be a good deal stiffer.
    all that plus 10 !~!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by doodooboi

I haven't tried the Covert, but the 575 is a sweet ride.... you do have a big problem... choosing between high end bikes is always a good problem to have

(one small advantage.. 5 year warranty on the Yeti )

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo

(one small advantage.. 5 year warranty on the Yeti )
    oh yeah, like that well help when the rear end is flexing all over the show ...

oh yeah, like that well help when the rear end is flexing all over the show ...
    alright... stop the bashing... I never said anything bad about the Covert..it looks good and I can suppose it rides great...just surprised on the 1 year warranty (which has nothing to do with the bike itself).. sorry..
    Last edited by crisillo; 02-01-2007 at 04:50 PM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crisillo
    alright... stop the bashing... I never said anything bad about the Covert..it looks fine and I can suppose it rides great...just surprised on the 1 year warranty (which has nothing to do with the bike itself)
    It's not bashing when it's reality.

So how many 575 have you ridden lately?

I understand there are stiffer bikes...but not as much as to have the rear all over the place.... I understand if my opinion is not wanted... I just replied to the guy asking about the 575....

thats right living legend

Yeah, Come On AM...

Criss has a good point... I guess?

The 575 is a "hardcore" proven frame and it's a Yeti. The Covert while prob tough as heII would be hard pressed to match up to a 575 when it comes to the complete package.... ie durability "at an awsome wieght" along with climbing/peddalability and I would imagen pretty good in a little lite FR stuff with all that travel. While the Covert looks like a very strong stiff good lookin frame for "mabye" the more budget oreanted.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast