mtbr member
    May 2009

for the ladies...

thinking about new wheels for my girl....currently on a Specialized Myka FSR...probably want 6" AM setup with slack head angles ala Pitch. So which Canfield might meet these criteria?
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I just got my wife a closeout Canfied one. She also came off a myka and she loves the one.

You can go with the RP23 shock which is 8.5 inches long and this will give you 6.5 to 7.5 inches of travel and I believe the head angle is 67 compared to 71 on the myka

canfieldbrothers.com

excellent guys and great customer service

mtbr member
    May 2009
    rocket, what size Myka and Canfield? can your wife verify that the Canfield climbs better or more importantly with less bob or wasted energy than the Myka(I presume FSR)
    I think thats the only thing that would be a deal breaker for her

≈ > ♥
    The One climbs well. Impressivly so.

scars > tattoos
    at just shy of 5' tall, the One was far and away the best fitting bike in the category. i couldn't be happier with my purchase, and am now sold on the canfield plan for life.

edit: i have the rp23 shock and a talas fork on it, fwiw. i'm a new rider (i'm both incredibly lucky and work hard), and i still feel like it's not "too much bike" for me. i'm having a blast progressing every day i ride it.

double edit: and i support absolutely everything that has been said about the canfields. calling a bike company and getting the owner's cell phone is pretty rare. the service is personal and exceptional.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    rocket, what size Myka and Canfield? can your wife verify that the Canfield climbs better or more importantly with less bob or wasted energy than the Myka(I presume FSR)
    I think thats the only thing that would be a deal breaker for her
    She has a small in both. She says the one is the first bike that fit her instantly. She says there is no comparison in the climbing ability. The one is a great bike. We were sold on Canfield when I rode my friends one. I swear that bike was accelerating up hill by itself. I ordered her one the next day. She couldn't believe the difference

mtbr member
    May 2009
    thanks to the input here we have ordered a ONE