mtbr member
    Apr 2006

I need a Preston

Anyone know where I can find a used Preston. I'm dying to get one up here in Canada.

HELP!!!! I WANNA RIDE

Simon

Chillin the Most
    Seriously, while I like the current Preston, wait for the 06/07 model. I hear it's going to be pimpdaddy-hellakool.

Formerly DMR For Life
    bikeroom.ca will sell them to you if you don't have a dealer near by (this is not an indorsement for bikeroom)

DMR

v5/2011 Blindside

New question here. updates?

Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Seriously, while I like the current Preston, wait for the 06/07 model. I hear it's going to be pimpdaddy-hellakool.

red5,

Do you have any more info on this to-be newly-modified Preston FR '06/'07???

I'm hoping for several things like...
    * most importantly, a longer shock spec for a better leverage ratio (ie. at least 7.5" x 2.0" in stead of the current stubby-lil' 6.5" x 1.5"),
    * maybe 5" & 6" travel options (instead of the current 4" & 5"),
    * a more common seatpost size (ie. 31.6mm instead of the current 30.0mm),
    * resolving the 2 issues of a different front-drlr cable-stop location along the seattube (current hitting rocker plates on size-L frame, as I've read/heard) and front-drlr cage rubbing on chainstay if using 22T ring (as I've read/heard this, too).

Cheers,
    - PiroChu

Chillin the Most
    Quote Originally Posted by PiroChu
    red5,

Do you have any more info on this to-be newly-modified Preston FR '06/'07???

I'm hoping for several things like...
    * most importantly, a longer shock spec for a better leverage ratio (ie. at least 7.5" x 2.0" in stead of the current stubby-lil' 6.5" x 1.5"),
    * maybe 5" & 6" travel options (instead of the current 4" & 5"),
    * a more common seatpost size (ie. 31.6mm instead of the current 30.0mm),
    * resolving the 2 issues of a different front-drlr cable-stop location along the seattube (current hitting rocker plates on size-L frame, as I've read/heard) and front-drlr cage rubbing on chainstay if using 22T ring (as I've read/heard this, too).

Cheers,
    - PiroChu
    PiroChu,

This is all I have (some you've already read).

the 2007 Preston FR will have a7.5 x 2" shock and more progressive shock rate. this will help with the spring rate and the easy bottom out issues.
    [SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    the 2007 Preston will have a bit different look. the shock positioning will be a bit different as will the rockers. don't worry though it is all for the better. the new linkage should be really nice if we can do it and keep our costs in line. either way it will be worth your wait! there will be some slight other cosmetic changes but haven't been 100% decided. all will lead to a better/cleaner look.

you'll see it around time of Eurobike 2006 (august).

mtbr member
    Apr 2005