Gringo the magnificent

I FINALLY have a bike to ride(pics)

OK, i'll try to keep this short. In august I ordered a Mountain cycle san andreas off adrenaline bikes.com. After wating a month for it to get to my house I was greatly dissapointed to find a multitude of problems including part of the frame being way out of allignment. after many, many fhonecalls and emails and unyielding Solutions, including the shipment of a new subframe, shocks, cranks and even a derailer, I came to the conclusin I didnt want to ever se a san an. again. So I told adrenaline I wanted a refund. They refused to give me a refund but told me they would send me a different frame. they gave me these choices: marin wolf ridge, mountain cycles san an DNA, 2005 versus blitz, or transition Preston FR. after searching the reviews on this site I decided on the Preston. They sent me a large frame and I transfers the odd assortment of parts over from the San An and wa la... It was immidiately better that the san an could ever hope to be ! I have ridden it several times now and it does everything well. I took it on a Tennesee cross countyr trail and it climbed beter than i could have hoped. I've taken it off some small drops(nothing over three feet) without any problem. I love it and cant wait to ride it more and more and explore its capabilities. thanks to the people at transition for making such a great bike.

caleb

well that wasent short was it \

OH man the pics wont attach-it gives me a sever was lost page-well ill try again later

ride hard take risks
    You need to reduce the size of the pic.
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    You can do as dogonfr says, or if you want to use a bigger pic, you could also host in on photobucket or flickr, for example and insert an link
    Last edited by crisillo; 12-15-2006 at 12:36 AM.

Gringo the magnificent

****PICS*** i promise

I just made a Photobucket: http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p...hemagnificent/. the lights hitting it funny on the fist pic

ride hard take risks
    Is that 3 rings on there

100_0072.jpg
    Formotion Products

WaynesvilleBikes
    Nice Bike

Gringo the magnificent

yep 3 rings

thinking about taking the third off and going for a bashgaurd but I,m gonna keep it like that for a while. I desprately need to get the shock set up right but I don'd have a pump OR a manuel.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by bgmtbiker
    thinking about taking the third off and going for a bashgaurd but I,m gonna keep it like that for a while. I desprately need to get the shock set up right but I don'd have a pump OR a manuel.
    Definatly get a bash, alot safer.

You can get a shock pump for about $25 or so, the manual you can down load on the manufactures web site.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Definatly get a bash, alot safer.

You can get a shock pump for about $25 or so, the manual you can down load on the manufactures web site.
    Even more important:

Get a 36 tooth sized bash guard, then slap a 36 ring in the middle. Should be enough to get you going fast!

Gringo the magnificent

got the shock pump

I got the pump now and downloaded the manual. Ive got it set up right now I'll feel safer soing bigger things. I'm in the procces of building a 5-6 foot ladder drop, all thats left is the tranny at the end. I think I'll go with dirt but maybe a well supported peice of plywood. I will make a post on DF forum but maybe attach a pic to this post too

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    If you don't mind bgmtbiker, could you post your height,weight, and spring rate you have on you bike. I am trying to decide if I should get a preston FR on closeout or get the new preston. Thanks.

Gringo the magnificent

6foot 130 pounds

but as for the spring rate, you will have to tell me what that is first! this is my first Full suspension rig And I am still learning. I'll be glad to try and help you out if you tell me how to calculate it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    It is printed on the spring on the shock, but I am 120lbs more than you so..... Also, you are the same height as me, how does the Large feel, because transition suggests a medium for 6', I am thinking of getting a large. What length stem do you have one it (it is printed on the stem somewhere)? Thanks.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSquirrel
    It is printed on the spring on the shock, but I am 120lbs more than you so..... Also, you are the same height as me, how does the Large feel, because transition suggests a medium for 6', I am thinking of getting a large. What length stem do you have one it (it is printed on the stem somewhere)? Thanks.
    I am 5'11" and ride a large as well. I curretly have a 60mm stem and the bike actually feels kind of cramped to me. I would not suggest a M if you are 6'.

Gringo the magnificent

go with the large

I feel really good on the large, I think the sizes run small. The spring rate is 650*1.5, but the stem dosent have any writing on it. BTW I have the preload most of the way unskrewed and the spv at75 psi and it is still really stiff on the 5 in setting, so that spring would probably work for you. I will include a picture of my stem
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the replies. It looks to be about a 50mm stem. If I go with the Preston then it looks like a large would be what I need.