Thread: Gran Mal

mtbr member

Gran Mal

Concidering this bike as my first DH rig. Is it a worthy DH bike and is anyone riding it with the Totem package offered from Transition. I am looking at keeping the whole bike cost near the $4000 mark so this is very attractive with either the Totem or the 888.

Chillin the Most
    Don't own one yet, but hopefully very soon. From what I've been able to gather from other forums and based on general knowledge of DH bikes, I'd say it's a very good choice. While the bike itself is def. DH material, one other key point is the customer service that the boys at Transition give. Everything I've hear thus far has been top notch. IMO, your making a very good choice.

If you still haven't made a decision by the end of January, I'll be sure to post a followup for you when I get mine. I'll be equiping mine with most of the parts from my current DH bike including an 06 Boxxer Team. Plus I'll be picking up a set of Transition Revolution 36 12 x 150 wheels and possibly a seat. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful, search Ridemonkey theres some go info there.

Good luck.

mtbr member
    Keep me posted on your set up. I'm very interested but not buying just yet.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    been running one for a bout a month now, dhx 5.0 & a 888rc2x. Totally more than impressed with it at this point, after riding a 06 V10 for a while I can definantly say I enjoy the Gran Mal much more than the Santa Cruz.