mtbr member

evil sovereign long, gone for good?

So I've just saved up enough to buy a long sovereign, and now it appears they have stopped making them. Not that Evil ever answer any emails or have anything on their website about the discontinuation. The long is still listed on the website. But some of the retailers assure me it is gone for good. That sure is evil .
    Last edited by markymark; 03-05-2008 at 07:43 PM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I'm in the same boat as you. I heard from one store that evil had been sold, and currently aren't able to respond to any inquiries. Hopefully they'll be back soon. Otherwise I'm looking at the Dialled bikes Alpine, but it's missing those versatile dropouts...

Wish I knew definiteively what was goin' on

mtbr member
    Would have bought an Alpine as they look the business, but am after a longer TT (about the same as the sovereign long - 24.2 inch). Emailed mike about them making a longer one in the next run, who knows. If they do, I'll be on to it.
    Last edited by markymark; 03-11-2008 at 05:46 AM.

sinner
    Jan 2007
    I have a Evil Sov in long Hanging on the wall in my Garage. Hasn't seen dirt in over a year. Haven't got around to putting it in the classifeds but I am planning on selling it if you want to take a look at it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyjesus
    I have a Evil Sov in long Hanging on the wall in my Garage. Hasn't seen dirt in over a year. Haven't got around to putting it in the classifeds but I am planning on selling it if you want to take a look at it.
    PM sent!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by itchyjesus
    Oh thanks itchyjesus, but i bought a prince albert the other day. You got a collectors item there, make sure you get the big bucks for it

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    dont they have new owners now?

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    evil-bikes.com has an explanation of sorts:

Evil Bikes ownership changes hands

Evil Bikes was recently purchased by an undisclosed Seattle based management group, who we will refer to as "The Project" for the time being. The rider owned group has an extensive brand, product development, and design history within the mountain bike industry.

Dave Weagle, the departing President of Evil and the man largely responsible for Evilís beginnings said, ďIím excited for the brand, and excited for the group who is taking over. Iíve long wanted to see Evil be able to compete in the higher end frame market but Iíve always felt that doing so would be in conflict with Evilís sister company e.thirteenís interests. The sale of the company will really allow Evil to move on. I Kind of feel like what I imagine a parent feels like when their first child leaves home and gets married. Iím proud of what our team did with Evil, and the quality that the brand has stood for. I am looking forward to watching as an outsider as the company works to fulfill its destiny.Ē

The new president of Evil Bikes ( who will remain anonymous at this time, due to possible warrants), had this to say: "We apologize for the smoke and mirrors introduction, but we want to allow ourselves the necessary time to give you the best products possible, and letting the cat out of the bag would be no fun. What we can say, is that we have assembled a rogue team of hard charging industry veterans, designers, and riders with a common goal of building a world class brand and a global community that services riders everywhere. Evil has had a strong history of innovation and we are planning to continue that with a full scale rebrand, lots of fun, and products designed by people that ride bikes at least 3 days a week. Stay tuned, weíll be ready to show new softgoods and hardgoods in the near future. Ē In the meantime feel free to waste all of your free time starting rumors on the interweb!, but for slightly more accurate news and updates, periodically check the evil bikes website. www.evil-bikes.com.

Daily operations will kick off on or around April 1st, for sales or service related questions contact info@evil-bikes.com

note tho, the company header says evilbicycleco.

let's see wot happens...

(glad i have my sov here)

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Seattle Based Company with long history of Brand and Product dev in Mountain bike industry..? Who would that be? K2 Sports (World Wide Cycle Supply)??? Wouldn't be suprising as World Wide cycle supply other bike group (Iron Huffy) was the first to jump on the DW-Link production-there is a conection..curious, who else wants small specialty hardtail manufacturers? Though I love these sort of bikes, these companies are not particularly profitable!

local trails rider
    In that kind of style, I have noticed two other frame options:

2soulscycles (in Germany) http://www.2soulscycles.com/41.5en/
    Dialled Bikes Alpine in (UK) http://www.dialledbikes.com/products/mtb/alpine.html , if you want a steeper seat tube, and don't need adjustable dropouts

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    transition fits the bill