mtbr member
    Apr 2009

EVIL Sect and Division ? What happened ?

Sooooo , the Sect was shown at interbike last year in a sort of unofficial capacity. But nothing has yet to be said about it. I thought we would see something at interbike last week but nothing eh ?

And the Division I think was supposed to be the 160mm bike. Nothing there either ?

Anyone know whats going on with these bikes ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Tell me about it. I've been eagerly waiting on more news since last year's Interbike, but not a peep in the last 12 months. I'm sure it's just because they're really dialling everything in, and it's great to see a company not releasing something until it's 100% ready, but some news would be nice. Then again, Evil's website is about the least active I can think of. I've tried emailing but get no reply. Not the most communicative guys out there...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ashfanman
    T...really dialling everything in, and it's great to see a company not releasing something until it's 100% ready
    Ha, some of the cracking reports make me think the Revolt wasn't ready...

Last time I need to contact them (proud owner of a D.O.C. here), picking up the phone worked best.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterZero
    Ha, some of the cracking reports make me think the Revolt wasn't ready...
    Yes, I heard about that. Maybe they're taking longer with the Sect because they want to make extra sure? Either way, all it would take is an update on the site once in a blue moon, even if it was just a "final prototype being tested, production frames due early 2011".

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Fanatik Bikes has the '11 Revolt. The gunmetal gray is pretty cool. I'm anxious to see their upcoming frames though I'm not in the market for a new bike. I've been on my Sovereign for 2 months & I'm loving it!

mtbr member
    I emailed EVIL @ January about the Sect & they said summertime. Glad I didn't wait & got me a spitfire. Couldn't be happier but still curious @ that DELTA suspension.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Bump.
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I asked Evil about this earlier in the year and they said the Sect has been replaced by a new carbon trailbike called the Uprising. Assume that will be adjustable travel and therefore replace the Division too.

They said they were working on getting the Undead dialled first. Maybe they'll unveil it at Interbike?