Can you smell that!!!!!!!
    May 2006

Doesn't Anyone ride a Azonic

I have a Azonic Gravity with the Swinger 6way coil. I love the bike but have been having a problem with the shock topping at harshly. I have tried backing the rebound down to pretty slow but then the bike feel sluggish in the corners and on singletrack. When I'm jumping the bike I notice the shock topping out the most. Does anybody have any sugestions?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rider72
    I have a Azonic Gravity with the Swinger 6way coil. I love the bike but have been having a problem with the shock topping at harshly. I have tried backing the rebound down to pretty slow but then the bike feel sluggish in the corners and on singletrack. When I'm jumping the bike I notice the shock topping out the most. Does anybody have any sugestions?
    Hell yeah I ride an 'Zonic! Bought my Gravity at Sea otter. Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Mine's been perfect. Maybe you need to turn in the bottom out adjustment You will need a socket (forget what size) to adjust it.

Edit: Hmmm... I got all excited and posted but then I re-read your post. Not sure why you are topping out badly. Maybe you need a lighter spring? How much do you weigh and what is the lbs. rating on your spring?
    Last edited by NorKal; 12-29-2010 at 09:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Hey! That looks just like Pat's bike!

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    Hey! That looks just like Pat's bike!
    Nope, it be mine

May 2006
    I messed around with my settings the other day and seemed to solve the top out problem. My bike came with a 600 pound spring. I weight 180lbs. I have got it set up with about 3" of sag. I'm not sure I can go to a lighter spring.

May 2006
    hey Kemical do you know if you can run the Fox DHX coil or will there be a clearance problem?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    hey Kemical do you know if you can run the Fox DHX coil or will there be a clearance problem?
    Hmm, I have no idea. You could try calling Azonic, they are pretty helpful guys.

May 2006
    The only reason I ask is I run a 600lbs spring and if it's turned just right it will rub the seatpost struts (I have to run this spring I'm 180lbs). Do you every have this problem?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Yeah mine rubs too, on one side only. It's not bad so I'm not worring about it.

May 2006
    I'm not to worried about it I was just wondering thanks for your help. By the way I haven't told you nice bike I like the Shivers. I'm running 888rc up front with the aftermarket flat crowns.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    cool, I'm going to replace the shiver eventually with a 888.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Hell yeah I ride an 'Zonic! Bought my Gravity at Sea otter. Sorry to hear you've been having problems. Mine's been perfect. Maybe you need to turn in the bottom out adjustment You will need a socket (forget what size) to adjust it.

Edit: Hmmm... I got all excited and posted but then I re-read your post. Not sure why you are topping out badly. Maybe you need a lighter spring? How much do you weigh and what is the lbs. rating on your spring?

BB and chainstay looks totally wrong. Like it was supposed to be a 5" bike and then they shoved a 3" stroke shock in there.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trail nazi
    BB and chainstay looks totally wrong. Like it was supposed to be a 5" bike and then they shoved a 3" stroke shock in there.
    It's an optical illusion

Any 10" travel bike is going to run a lot of sag. I haven't noticed any problems with the high bottom bracket other than getting on and off the bike. Kind of like a dirt bike in that respect. Then again I'm not a racer so low BB's are not one of my primary focuses.

May 2006
    Have you tried the lower bottom bracket position? On my 18" frame the bb height is just under 14" that's not bad. When you lower the BB it also slackens the head angle. I ride mine mostly in the low position.

Rider

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Have you tried the lower bottom bracket position? On my 18" frame the bb height is just under 14" that's not bad. When you lower the BB it also slackens the head angle. I ride mine mostly in the low position.

Rider
    I usually run it in the middle position but sometimes I have it in the upper hole for trail riding so it's a little easier to pedal and steers quicker. I actually haven't tried the lowest position yet but I think I might when I head back up to Whistler in a few weeks.

May 2006
    I hope to get up to Whistler this summer. I'm moving up to Washington and from my new house it's about 3 hours drive time away.