Thread: Dobermann Fab.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Smile Dobermann Fab.

Hi every one
    Im new to this forum and saw this place for custom and small frame builder this is pretty cool!
    So i decided to post to show you a little bit of what we are doing at Dobermann Fab.

First off, to put you in the content we are a small Canadian frame builder based just out side of the national capital region Ottawa. We do everything in house at the exception of some drop outs that are hydrocut in a shop next to ours and the cable stop...we even do our own powder coat (and beer ).

We have 3 different frames wish all use the same geo design for street and park use.
    21.5 or 22.5" top tube 13" seat tube and 395mm (15.5") chain-stays.

Basically we made 3 different frame for 3 different type of budget and style.

The Pinscher is built very straight forward. True-temperstraigth gauge tubes, Horizontal drop out whit integrated tensioner, MTB bb, Disk brake tab and 24/26" brake boss 5.5 pounds at a retail of 500$ CAD wish is 433$USD (at today rate)

The Molosse (translation: Mean and nasty guard dog) is a simplified version of the MBF frame.
    True-temper Verus heat treated double butted tubes, BMX BB, beef up chain-stays, adjustable vertical drop out wish make it very easy to ride single speed. 6.5 pounds and retail for 750$ CAD wish is 650$USD (at today rate)

MBF (Man's best friend) Is the best we could do...we used the best tubing machined everywhere we could to make it as lite as possible and making it look like no otter. True-temper Supertherm double butted tubings,BMX BB, beef up chain-stays machined on 3 side (we left the bottom full thickness for grind), adjustable vertical drop out, 6 pounds retails for 1000$ CAD or 865$ USD (at today rate)

Green glow in the dark custom color

This is a pix of the MBF and Molosse drop out...3 chainring bolt very solid and easy to find + a deep groove to make sure they all stay in place.

Some picture of the preproduction

Difference between the MBF and Molosse chain-stays

Dobermann Home Brew!!! if you stop at the shop for a visite we mite have some cold ones

Our web site www.dobermannbikes.com is underconstruction...it is not being updated...if we are lucky we will get the new one before the new year This is mosty wy im posting here...hopefully its ok ?

For the moment if you want more info you can download our info flyer all the geo and specs are there.
    http://dobermannbikes.com/promo/dobermann_catalog.pdf
    ***note the"rage" frame is now call the "Molosse and the top tubes are 21.5 and 22.5 not 23.5" ***

You can also email me dobmaster@dobermannbikes.com or post in this topic, i will do my best to reply to your post.

Cheers !

Alain Lavoie
    Dobermann Fab.
    1620 ch. Pink #5,
    Gatineau,Qc, Canada
    J9J 3N6
    T: 819 682 5948
    F: 819 682 3300
    http:www.dobermannbikes.com

Cynical Bystander
    Wow, those are some SWEET looking frames you have man. Definitely start posting around here more often, it seems you guys have some excellent skills in making frames. You guys sell worldwide right? I definitely wouldn't mind looking into one of the frames (probably the Pinscher because I'm cheap, haha) around spring time.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

Hoops - Big and Small

Hooligan

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmaster
    Hi every one
    Im new to this forum and saw this place for custom and small frame builder this is pretty cool!
    So i decided to post to show you a little bit of what we are doing at Dobermann Fab.
    [/url]
    I really like what you guys are doing - Good Luck in your venture!

Got to have more Hooligan.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Portland, OR
    Wow, Really nice frames you got there, will definatly check it out. I'm considering getting a new frame ( have to save up the money first though )

will give you guys a look
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Looking good

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hi Every one thanks for the support and good comment!!

Yes we do sell world wide...our dealer and distributor network in in the work as we speak.

To place a order from the US you can go true your usual bike shop and ask them to get in touch with us....Or over the web via Unreal cycles or Phat moose cycles.

The first bacth of production frames will be available in febuary.

Mat and i have been in this business for many years...Mat use to be a welder for Balfa and i have been working the distribution for a otter brand....the timing was perfect for us to start making our own frames.

Got to have more Hooligan.

hehe...Hooligan is getting big now...

This is a pix wen he was 6 month...at 8 month he is getting pretty big now...

Cheers!

Glad to Be Alive
    very cool stuff...we need some riding pictures
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Simply wow.
    WTB: Ritchey Plexus
    DiNotte 200 lights

automobiliana.blogspot.se

SNOWRIDER
    Thanks man now I am missing my dog again
    I take you love the dobie breed as well.Nice stuff hope to see more from you
    "If you don't go [skibiking] this year, you'll be at least one year older when you do." ~ Warren Miller
    (Check out the 'IMPACT' video for some skibike footage)

GRAVITY IS GOOD
    Incredible stuff! When will your website be up and running? I love the raw look when it comes to high-end parts, and the fact that you are brewers as well just makes the company that much sweeter. Best of luck with the company, and pm me with any info on a website and possible dealers. I am dying to know more about your frames.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!!

mtbr member
    wow Im definatly very interested in your frames, ive been looking at 243 racing frames but the pinscher has caught my eye,

1) its pretty affordable
    2) very short chain stays (ive been looking for a frame with the shortest stays possible)

Basicly Im just wondering how the pinscher handles a 100mm fork? and exactly how short the stays are with a 26" tire, I read on your website the shortest it can be is 15" but I assume that is with a 24" tire.

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the good comment!

Our geo was design around a 100mm fork.

The 15" chainstay position works whit 26" wheels...It mostly depend on your tires.

In the shop our demo Pinscher is set up whit 2.4 Maxxis Holly rollers and it is set up at 385mm it could of been set up at 381mm...but we add to pull back the wheel to tite the chain...using a derailer it would of work at 381mm whit a 2.4 tire.

Using a smaller tire will alow you to run at 15" no problem(smaller tires are also more effitient in park)

If you have more question you can email me.

Cheers!

Frequent Crasher
    Gorgeous frames! Nice work. I will keep them in mind for my next hardtail.
    I see the light at the end of the tunnel now,
    Someone please tell me it's not a train.
    -Cracker