mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Custom/aftermarket Transition links

Do you think there'd be a market for CNC'd billet aluminum links for the Transition line?

I know weight really isn't an issue for this market, but what if it they came in a choice of silver, gold, black anodized colors and had the option to be engraved with a team/club/rider name, and sported high quality Japanese bearings found on Team Honda bikes.

Do you think the Preston FR or Gran Mal owner would spring for some? My friend has a FR and he'd do it (of course he's gonna say that, he's my friend), but IF so, what price range would be realistic?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by westin; 04-18-2006 at 06:57 PM.

The Sentinel

2005 Preston owner here

I don't pretend to speak for anyone but myself, but I wouldn't be interested at all. I have the Danger Boy links for mine, and I'm completely satisfied with them. The stock bearings are just fine, and I wouldn't spend money to change something just for color.

Quote Originally Posted by westin
    Do you think there'd be a market for CNC'd billet aluminum links for the Transition line?

I know weight really isn't an issue for this market, but what if it they came in a choice of silver, gold, black anodized colors and had the option to be engraved with a team/club/rider name, and sported high quality Japanese bearings found on Team Honda bikes.

Do you think the Preston FR or Gran Mal owner would spring for some? My friend has a FR and he'd do it (of course he's gonna say that, he's my friend), but IF so, what price range would be realistic?

Thoughts would be appreciated.
    Sworn to avenge, condemned to hell

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Dangerboy links here also but would maybe interested in the 06 style Preston rockers that don't change geometry in the blingy dangerboy look. I think quite a few people would be interested as long as they are equal to greater quality than what is being offered by Transition.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Fillmoe Slim
    Dangerboy links here also but would maybe interested in the 06 style Preston rockers that don't change geometry in the blingy dangerboy look. I think quite a few people would be interested as long as they are equal to greater quality than what is being offered by Transition.
    Thanks for the input guys. And they'd be (no disrespect to Preston) of the highest quality; we're talking professional big-budget motocross team fit and finish.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I'd definately throw a post up in the DH/Freeride forum to see what kind of response you'll get. There's quite a few dirtbag/gran mal/preston owners there so you'll get more traffic.