mtbr member

Check these Bad Boys out!

Our good buddy Steve MacMillan of Carve Components has loaned us two prototype sets of his new pedals and we'll have a set on display at our booth at Interbike as well as a set on a demo bike. While I feel that there are lots of great components available on the market, pedals have been one area that I think have been sorely lacking and even available high end options have left me somewhat un-inspired. However, Steve's design looks to be really good on many levels.

These are still prototypes and design changes will certainly be made for production; however, steve will be having his crew of buddies beat the crap out of them over the next several months. If things go well, we're hoping to start offering these are part of our build kits in the future.

Cheers!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    I remember those on Ridemonkey. Real nice pedals. I have been a fan of NYCFreeride pedals but those are nice. I will have to get a pair when they are ready

Chillaxin 'n Chilcotin!
    Wow, those look very nice. I love the pins--they look like they would be very durable!

mtbr member
    Pure grip from the looks of it. But I doubt my shin would ever want to meet those bad boys.
    About buying a bike:
    Quote Originally Posted by No MSG
    It's like finding a wife. Personality is important, but you gotta look at that face every morning.

local trails rider
    I need to check if the spikes on my current pedals are THAT tall...

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Those are some nice looking pedals. They look very similar to the Atom Lab Trailkings that I run but with 2 additional pins. The fact that they are thin, concave, and have a very wide platform leads me to believe that they will kick butt. I also like that the axle is a bolt-on affair. I might have to try a set of these.

Thanks for pointing these out Noel!

Perpetual Hack
    Noel

How do they compare to the Arachnids you've been raving about?
    I'm still waiting for my pair, been a month now and no word yet from DC. Heard they lost a key staff member so.....

michael

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mykel
    Noel

How do they compare to the Arachnids you've been raving about?
    I'm still waiting for my pair, been a month now and no word yet from DC. Heard they lost a key staff member so.....

michael
    Hum - interesting - that's not good to hear about the Arachnids - I wonder what's up???

I have a lot of time on the arachnids and so far, they are excellent! I still stick by my claim that they're one of the best pedal sets on the market right now, though that doesn't do you any good if you can't get them! :P

The Carve pedals have a longer platform which will be nice for guys like me with larger feet (11.5). Durability still needs to be hashed out, but I don't expect any problems and the pedals run on MASSIVE 14mm axles that taper drastically down to a minute 13mm These are prototypes so we're going see how they hold up for the fall and through the winter / spring seasons.

The Arachnid pedals have been really good at keeping all their set screws - this is often a problem with other pedals.

The Dark Cycles Arachnids are (supposedly!) available right now - When the Carves go into production I can't say...

Cheers,

Noel

Ps: I'll call Dark Cycles tomorrow and see what's up with them.
    Noel Buckley
    ------------------
    www.knollybikes.com

Instead of PMs, please contact me here.

mtbr member
    I may have to get a set of the dark cycle pedals. Those look nice.

1+1
    going for a ride
    Those pedals look real nice. I'm looking for a set of new ones myself, hopefully mine will last till these come out.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Noel,

Do you know what the bearing(s)/bushing setup is on those pedals.

mtbr member