mtbr member

Building a ht for dj/street/park...help

i have decided for my welding class next semmester i am goin to build a ht bike frame. i will be contacting evil4bc (designer of the nicest frames in the industry, the nemesis project) for some tips but i wnat some other input as well.

i need all questions answered such as material and angles and what type of welding and whatever else i need to kow to build a frame. with 102% in my welding class last year i believe i can build a strong enough frame with high quality welds (probably tig but i dont know) i just need some dimensions.

Premium Member
    You probably want to go steel, and TIG welding seems to be the best option.

As far as angles, find a frame you like and copy or even revise their angles. I would go 71 degree HA, 70 degree SA if it were me. BB height, drop, CS length, TT length, ST length, HT length, etc. all need to be figured out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by free rider
    i have decided for my welding class next semmester i am goin to build a ht bike frame. i will be contacting evil4bc (designer of the nicest frames in the industry, the nemesis project) for some tips but i wnat some other input as well.

i need all questions answered such as material and angles and what type of welding and whatever else i need to kow to build a frame. with 102% in my welding class last year i believe i can build a strong enough frame with high quality welds (probably tig but i dont know) i just need some dimensions.

I did this in my garage. I took a few welding classes too.
    HA = 70', ST = 71', TT = 22.5'',Drop = 1.5'', BB height 13'', Stays = classified............
    Your fork travel governs most dimensions. And one of the most important things in fabrication is keeping it all centered, so you'll need to know some math. A little bit of tooling experience helps too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.JPG (83.6 KB, 123 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.JPG (77.3 KB, 130 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.JPG (80.0 KB, 128 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.JPG (68.1 KB, 125 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.JPG (71.7 KB, 125 views)

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Stacking dimes! looks good! what is the plate welded to the brake side lower chain stay?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by m-dub
    Stacking dimes! looks good! what is the plate welded to the brake side lower chain stay?
    Thanks, the plate says Oldskool Cycles, Rick Risinger, serial # 0001.