Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Hisforever

Best fork on a Evil IMPERIAL?

Bros,

Whats the fork of choice on this bike?

Its going to be the DJ, sk8park, urban ride for sure.

I have a few forks, marz z1(130mm) vanilla (125-100mm) maniotu sherman (170mm).

One of these or something else?

Peace

Shaheeb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jesus Saves

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Bros,

Peace

Shaheeb
    MARZ DJ 2!!! yaaaaaa.

Portland, OR
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAHEEB
    Bros,

Peace

Shaheeb
    dont go with a DJ II. they feel like crap, if I were you I would try to get a Manitou Sherman Firefly ( 90-130 travel ) or the sherman flick ( 110-150 ) the shermans work really well on the evil frames.
    [SIZE="4"]Ibex bikes[/SIZE]

2007 Ibex Trophy SS
    2006 Jamis Komodo 3.0
    2006 Ibex Zone FR-1
    2004 Special-Ed P.2 A.1

notabouttoseeyourlight

mtbr member

Fork choices

I'd stay with a shorter DJ fork, not the sherman...I think it would be too tall for urban/park.
    When I first built mine I set it up as an all arounder, Z-150, gears, and knobbys. Switched to a DJ 1 this year, took out all the headset spacers, and put on some Hookworms. The bike handles soooo much better with the lower fork. I'm currently working out an SS set up for it, just need to save up $ for that project. Nice choice on the IMP, you'll love that bike no matter how you set it up. Here's a shot of mine with the Z-150.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    dont go with a DJ II. they feel like crap, if I were you I would try to get a Manitou Sherman Firefly ( 90-130 travel ) or the sherman flick ( 110-150 ) the shermans work really well on the evil frames.
    for dj, park and urban, you just need a fork that can provide a little suspension when you need it. not so you can have high speed dampening over the super rockey "Groomed" run in, or rough concrete at the park...... you'd be fine going rigid....... plus the dj2 is lighter this year with alu stachions and steerer tube..... mine is sick, but i's more like a proto-thing.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by todd_freeride
    I think I found one of the 2 Manitou fans left in this world. All the Marz. DJ forks feel great but they are kinda heavy. The statement that 'Shermans work really well on evil frames' seems pretty bizarre because the only aspects of the frame that really affect how well the fork works is the rake and the evil frames are pretty average for this. I guess you could consider how the axle-to-crown height plays in but you're really just affecting the rake angle.

The Manitou forks are mediocre forks that will do a fine job and they are a decent option if you don't have the $$$ for something better. They don't have anything magical about them that in combination with an frame from Evil Bikes produces an orgasmic ride.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by dandurston
    I think I found one of the 2 Manitou fans left in this world. All the Marz. DJ forks feel great but they are kinda heavy. The statement that 'Shermans work really well on evil frames' seems pretty bizarre because the only aspects of the frame that really affect how well the fork works is the rake and the evil frames are pretty average for this. I guess you could consider how the axle-to-crown height plays in but you're really just affecting the rake angle.

The Manitou forks are mediocre forks that will do a fine job and they are a decent option if you don't have the $$$ for something better. They don't have anything magical about them that in combination with an frame from Evil Bikes produces an orgasmic ride.
    sherman jumper felt like ****. but i still used it and it gave me some suspension.

mtbr member
    This frok is a little tall but I think a 5" fork is good. Had to run what I bought it with, and it still feels good on faster DH type stuff. Only been out the jumps a few times but it felt good there too.

Still on Training Wheels!
    Pike? Smooth dampening and you can adjust the travel based on what you are riding.
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.

Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

mtbr member
    i'd say if you want an urban fork go with a pike, sherman jumper or firefly(run on low travel setting) or a dj 2.

Master of Disaster
    Dec 2004
    had to be done.
    Smell The Glove

mtbr member
    thats crazy

pwn3rator
    pure sickness...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    thats crazy
    THAT'S AWSOME!!!!111!!!1!!!!!ONE!!!!

Hisforever
    Thanks bros.

Immediatly after posting I realized a Pike would be the goods. 90-140mm seems perfect.

Now if I could only get my riding buddy to sell his crusty old Pike!...hint hint...

Peace
    Jesus Saves

≈ > ♥
    The Imp is a very versatile frame, and feels good with anything from a rigid all the way up to an 8" DC. It just all depends on what you want out of it...
    For what you want, def check into a 100mm or so fork, maybe more, maybe less, depending on your mix of what you want to do and how smooth you are.

I run mine with a Sherman BO+, and use it for a DH/trail bike.

Juanjo
    Quote Originally Posted by zahgurim
    The Imp is a very versatile frame, and feels good with anything from a rigid all the way up to an 8" DC. It just all depends on what you want out of it...
    For what you want, def check into a 100mm or so fork, maybe more, maybe less, depending on your mix of what you want to do and how smooth you are.

I run mine with a Sherman BO+, and use it for a DH/trail bike.
    how u like that Funn seatpost...?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ \m/>-<\m/ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Jesus loves you ............. Everyone else thinks your an A$$hole .

**** that i'm piggy *****
    go with the vinnila
    [SIZE=5]member of the ZombiEKilleRSquadroN[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]"we kill zombies dead!"[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]live to ride or ride to live![/SIZE]
    sponsers for 06:
    [SIZE=3]intense tire company[/SIZE]

East Coast Style
    maybe one of those new travis single crowns would be good on that. 6" or up is probly best for that bike. its the most versatile hardtail ive seen. ive seen 80mm of travel, and 300mm...so pick 1
    Intense Socom
    Transition Double

[/SIZE][/FONT]

kona-tize me captain
    i want an evil imperial frame so bad, that or a santa cruz jackal. i trashed on the steelhead idea gonna save up for either. put a dj 2 on the imperial. i love mine the rebound is just a lil fast but oh well
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillkil
    had to be done.
    suchhh ann oollldddd piiccccc

I HUCK WITH CHUCK
    If you've got the cash for sure hit a 36 talas. Stick it in the lowest setting and be happy.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Im running the Sherman Breakout on my Imp. I love the way it rides that is for sure. No matte how it is built up the Imp will handle anything. I woudl recomend the Sherman though. 170mm of plush travel that can be locked out to 150mm is key if your looking for a good all around fork. Dont build up an IMP to limit it to one kind of riding, due to the fact that it can handle anything you will want to ride everything.... from urban to DH. You wont be disapointed with the BO.

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    The Imperial is an amazing frame and can be built to whatever you want to do with it. My son uses his for every type of riding he does, from trails to racing. My son raced this past DH season on his with Boxxer WC and it was a great setup for him. He's now switched to an '05 Marz 66 RC 170 but it's a little taller than the Boxxer and slacked it out more than he'd like. Personally, I think an '06 Marz 66 150 or a Fox 36 Van would be the perfect all around fork for this bike. For what you're planning on doing with it, I'd probably go with the Marz DJ1.

First pic is with the Boxxer, second is with the new 66 from this last weekend.
    Last edited by DWF; 03-20-2006 at 11:00 AM.
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast