Thread: bcd inedible

rd3
    mtbr member

bcd inedible

Here are some pics of my bcd, I just added some new parts to it...
    Added fsa bmx/dh carbon cranks, the 165 arms weigh in at 415g. Alex has been running them for a couple years and they are still going strong. Switched to a 110mm 36t classic evil bash to fit the cranks, saved a lot of weight over the old 42t max one. I have a 36t ring up front. I had to put a larger pulley (dura ace 13t) on the integrated chainguide to make up the difference for the smaller evil bash.
    What better for a carbon bike than a carbon fork. Its a manitou x-vert 180mm. I have always liked tpc forks, its set up nice. The headangle feels super good with 180mm up front, still nice and slack.
    The bike feels super fast and oh so stable. With the new parts on the bike the weight has dropped to 37lbs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005

how much does a frame weigh?

thanks for the cool pics. how long have you had the bcd and any problems so far?
    do you happen to know how much a frame weighs? i've been thinking of one for years but always end up getting something else for some reason. its cool to see the little guy have something neat. do you know msrp?

rd3
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KaKah!
    thanks for the cool pics. how long have you had the bcd and any problems so far?
    do you happen to know how much a frame weighs? i've been thinking of one for years but always end up getting something else for some reason. its cool to see the little guy have something neat. do you know msrp?
    The frame is a 2003-2004 model. I havn't had any major problems with the bike, it does use a lot of custom parts, so when changing to different builds I have had to make slight modifications to things.
    Alex from bcd is making a new batch of frames for 2007 they will fit either 26" or 29" tires.
    You can get more info on the old and new frames on bcd's site:
    bcd racing

rd3
    mtbr member
    Weight is around 9-10 lbs, depending on shock.
    With lighter tires and a ti spring I could get the weight down to about 35lbs.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Unreal bike! It's great to see one of those forks still being used, makes me wish my Supernova wasn't blown.
    Have you considered trying to shave a bit of weight with a pair of formula brakes? Maybe a seven inch rotor in the rear? Tubeless? There really isn't much at all to change, a truly loaded bike!