Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Azonic riders. step right in !!

Azonic riders, Is this forum your "home" ? If not, where ?
    Are we (I ride Azonic) so rare ?
    Step in and post your bike.

here's my Propulsion.
    Attached Images Attached Images

customized
    Sep 2003
    I have a 2003 silver Saber with upgraded chainstays. I'll post a recent pic in a couple days. Mine is set up for ultra aggressive riding... maybe someday I will use it for that. I suspect it weighs about 36-38 pounds.

A fellow rider has a 2004 black Saber setup for aggressive XC. I may get a pic of that one as well.

Louis

mtbr member
    I have a silver saber set up for aggressive XC. I just got a RS pike team for it I cant whate to ride it. No digital cam so I don’t have any pics to post.

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

WOW, there are 4 of us !!!

It is rare, I like it.

customized
    Sep 2003

Here is a pic of my Saber

Before the diet that is coming, the bike weighs 36.5 pounds

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Nice rig.

My Propulsion is now about 28 lbs.
    New Juicy-5 replaced the SD-5 V's and a San-Marco saddle now have to take my weight on it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

My Az..

The other side:

Notice the bad dent on the toptube. The bike fell from the stone in the upper image and hit something pointy, did not notice it until I came home and started to clean the bike after the ride.
    //Harri

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

a PIKE on a Propulsion ?

How does it handles ?
    Is it no too much for the frame ?
    Doesn't it out of balance ?

Very nice bike anyway.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by TM1
    How does it handles ?
    Is it no too much for the frame ?
    Doesn't it out of balance ?

Very nice bike anyway.
    140mm up-hill is not recommended.
    But keeping it between 95 and 120mm works fine, atleast for me. Perhaps a bit overkill but so is the rest of the set-up..

Thanx!
    //Harri

mtbr member

Alright a spot for us!

Azonic owners that is. Here's my '03 Saber when she was new

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayndar
    Azonic owners that is. Here's my '03 Saber when she was new
    Nice!

Here's a picture of my bike, new frame (crack in seatstay(think it's called that), bash, front tire and some small updates. I regret I din't buy a Saber, but I got a nice price for the Propulsion..

http://img298.imageshack.us/img298/8896/newaze5ue.jpg
    //Harri

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Propulsion & Pike again ?

first, nice bike your propulsion.
    second, this is a very aggresive build.How does the propulsion handles with the Pike ?
    I ride it with a 105 mm Marz. and considering going 130.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    first, nice bike your propulsion.
    second, this is a very aggresive build.How does the propulsion handles with the Pike ?
    I ride it with a 105 mm Marz. and considering going 130.
    Thanx, I usually keep the PIKE on 95-110 mm and I think it hadles pretty ok, when going down hill I turn it upp to 140 and just love it!

I don't know how good it is for the frame but it seems to take it fine, so far..

Riding 130 all the time should work, the question probably is what the axle-to-crown measure will be? It can be trouble when pedaling up hill.

This weekend will be the first time I'll go down hill 'big' with it so let me come back with more opinions later, but the big test will be Are Mountan Mayhem 21th-31th of July:
    www.mtbfreerider.com (but I'm far from hardcore DH biker!)
    //Harri

mtbr member
    Ive got a steelhead w/ dropoff triple on the front. Lots of fun, good to ride to school, or as a second bike for buddies or girlfriends to ride.

I've also got a stinky, but Im looking at a recoil for next year. Anyone ridden one?

Mexican e-rider

Handling?

So how does the Propulsion and the Saber handle going uphill and down? They are beautiful bikes and I seriously looked in to getting a Propulsion before I got my Turner Flux. There was so little info out there that about the bikes that I decided to go with the Turner, it was a matter of not enought information out there to make a desicion.

Also, do your bikes come with an FSR or ICT sticker? I wonder if Azonic worked around the licencing issues with Specialized and Ellsworth (the design looks very similar to Ells and Turner).
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

customized
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by 42hz
    Thanx, I usually keep the PIKE on 95-110 mm and I think it hadles pretty ok, when going down hill I turn it upp to 140 and just love it!

I don't know how good it is for the frame but it seems to take it fine, so far..

Riding 130 all the time should work, the question probably is what the axle-to-crown measure will be? It can be trouble when pedaling up hill.

This weekend will be the first time I'll go down hill 'big' with it so let me come back with more opinions later, but the big test will be Are Mountan Mayhem 21th-31th of July:
    www.mtbfreerider.com (but I'm far from hardcore DH biker!)
    The Saber frame can handle 155mm in the front all day.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno
    So how does the Propulsion and the Saber handle going uphill and down? They are beautiful bikes and I seriously looked in to getting a Propulsion before I got my Turner Flux. There was so little info out there that about the bikes that I decided to go with the Turner, it was a matter of not enought information out there to make a desicion.

Also, do your bikes come with an FSR or ICT sticker? I wonder if Azonic worked around the licencing issues with Specialized and Ellsworth (the design looks very similar to Ells and Turner).
    Azonic has been paying royalties to specialized for the FSR patents several years now.

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

about Propulsion ...

Quote Originally Posted by elmadaleno

I ride the Propulsion after riding a FSR bike for 3 years.
    The Azonic handle VERY good. uphill, with a propedal Fox it's a great climber.
    down ? this bike rocks ... very stable, very stiff. they got me buying a juicy set of brakes ...

I've compared the Propulsion to Turners (mostly 5Spot). they are very similar.

about licencing - Azonic used to pay Specialized. this year Azonic stoped selling FSR bike in th US. they sell in Europe for very low price.

Also, the fsr Azonics are made by a company called X-Tension. this company sell the same bikes under it's name.

The Propulsion (they call it X-Pilot) is replaced with a different frame this year.

Mexican e-rider

Very Interesting

I ride the Propulsion after riding a FSR bike for 3 years.
    The Azonic handle VERY good. uphill, with a propedal Fox it's a great climber.
    down ? this bike rocks ... very stable, very stiff. they got me buying a juicy set of brakes ...

I've compared the Propulsion to Turners (mostly 5Spot). they are very similar.

about licencing - Azonic used to pay Specialized. this year Azonic stoped selling FSR bike in th US. they sell in Europe for very low price.

Also, the fsr Azonics are made by a company called X-Tension. this company sell the same bikes under it's name.

The Propulsion (they call it X-Pilot) is replaced with a different frame this year.

The X-Plore looks very much like a 5 Spot, (and of course, the Sabre), it would be interesting to hear from someone that has ridden both. Do you know the weight on the Sabre frame? I have been craving for a longer travel bike but the Wife would kill me if I blow more cash on one so this might be a solution if I sell my older bikes... (anyone interested in a 1995 GT Zascar or a 1996 956 Proflex?
    "Hell, the Titus Moderator can't pass a cantina without gettin' the shakes"

Virus
    I'm currently building up a Saber for aggressive XC. Nice looking bike. I can't wait to get it out and play.

I can't decide on the pedals, though. Should I go clipless or would platforms be the smart way to go?
    [Insert witty signature here]

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    You can contact X-Tension via the web site and ask them for details :
    http://www.xtensionbikes.com/

They are very helpfull.

Also, The X-Tension bike are sold in Europe. the German site :

http://www.xtensionbikes.de/index.php?id=8

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Yet another picture. :)

(Huge picture will load if you click the picture)

This was my set-up in �re this year, the tires made a HUGE difference when riding over wet roots!

2.7" Minion front and I managed (after carefully centering the wheel) to squeeze in a 2.5" High Roller tire in the rear swing!

And what a differrence compared to last year when I rode a Gary Fisher Paragon HT with XC tires, even after a week of biking I want back to the mountains!

My photos from MM
    //Harri

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Wow !!!

This is a VERY aggressive build for a Propulsion.

This frame can handle this ? looks like you give this bike a lot of punishment ...

Isn't the Saber a better frame for this ?

I ride the Propulsion and didn't think this bike can take FR.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    This is a VERY aggressive build for a Propulsion.

This frame can handle this ? looks like you give this bike a lot of punishment ...

Isn't the Saber a better frame for this ?

I ride the Propulsion and didn't think this bike can take FR.
    It's built more aggressevly than I ride (atleast I think so) and so far it has held together nicely, however I got a new frame after I got some cracks in the the seat-tube, just where there's a drilled hole for the slit(If it's called that in english?) for the seatclamp. I had the frame for like 8 month, over the winter, which is harsh here. So very little biking during wintertime.. ;-)

Sadly the compression adjuster screw has started to leak oil/fluid but that is a known flaw in some of the Romic rear suspensions, hopefully it's a warranty matter. The seals start to leak and Romic is replacing the seals with other seals of better quality.

As I mentioned futher up in this thread I kind of regret that I didn't pay the extra for at Saber.
    //Harri

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Well, looking at all these PIKEs here ...

on the Propulsion got me to put the new REVELATION on my bike.

it's 100-130mm travel and hadles very nice.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast