Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    always learning
    I got a Saber and its 99% built but I've got a serious rear brake problem. I've got the 6" Avid BB7 and it won't fit with my Powertools rear hub. I'm told that the Powertools is the same as an XT with different branding and tons of people on this forum and others have all used XT hubs with no problem. Is there something I'm missing?
    The IS mount has almost no room to get between the frame and rotor so the caliper isn't at all aligned with the rotor. The bike is at the shop right now so I can't take pictures but is there something that could be changed that the mechanic and I missed? Maybe the IS adapter is upside down or something?
    Any ideas?

Transition Blindside v5
    Quote Originally Posted by tgreathead
    The IS mount has almost no room to get between the frame and rotor so the caliper isn't at all aligned with the rotor.
    My '04 Saber (17") has no prob using Avid mech-disc with XT hub. Also, I've used rear-160mm "tab" as well as rear-185mm "tab", and there were both fine. I've never used 203mm "tab" so I don't know about that myself, per se.

I can't think of anything, but I can provide some pics here, if any help... I hope you figure it all out soon. Good luck,
    - PiroChu
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    STEELHEAD REPRESENT! steelheads are without a doubt one of the best frames i've ever ridden, i wouldn't trade mine for anything. these things are STRONG, i was doin a 10 foot drop to flat on it tonite and she just kept taking it. it's the best $99 i ever spent

Bite Me.
    If any of the Azonic Saber owners are in need of the shock reducer kit for a Manitou rear shock, I have a set that I am no longer using. Designed for the Saber 8x50mm and 8x22mm (and possibly other Azonic frames). The Manitou 4-way is going a different bike so I'd let the kit go for half of what I paid for it new 3 weeks ago. These reducers can be hard to run down. PM if you're interested. Thanks
    When I see an adult on a bicycle, I do not despair for the future of the human race. ~H.G. Wells

pwn3rator
    i have one kinda crappy pic...
    [SIZE=-4]SOCAL UNION REPREZENT[/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005

here's my steelhead, i love this thing

mtbr member
    Here's my Saber set up for trail riding.
    What a great bike!
    Last edited by Merrimack Dave; 02-18-2006 at 02:06 PM.

mtbr member

One Mo

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Perhaps a bit OT, but here's some pictures from my trip to Moab last week:

Porcupine rim:
    http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/400294

Slick rock:
    http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/402356

I want to go back there now!!
    //Harri

always learning
    Quote Originally Posted by 42hz
    Perhaps a bit OT, but here's some pictures from my trip to Moab last week:

Porcupine rim:
    http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/400294

Slick rock:
    http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/402356

I want to go back there now!!
    WOW, that looks amazing!! What is the elevation profile of that trail? I saw the shuttle in one of them, does that mean its mostly downhill or are there many climbs?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    WOW, that looks amazing!! What is the elevation profile of that trail? I saw the shuttle in one of them, does that mean its mostly downhill or are there many climbs?
    Hehee.. It's even MORE amazing in real life! There's a bit climbing in the beginning, which I sure noticed since it was my first trail and I kept chipping for air as soon as it got a bit steep upward. But you will get it all back and with interest when it starts to go down and when you get to the last bit of singletrack you have forgotten all the climbing!!

At the very last day I rode the Porcupine 'backwards' started at the end and climbed up the singletrack part and went down again, then I had got my strenght and breath back and the track was 10 times more fun to ride down! Even got my first flat tire.
    //Harri

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

R.I.P. (Rest In Pieces) 2004-2006. Broken frame. :(

Broke my frame yesterday, heard strange 'klonking' sound, thought the rear swing had loosend up but it looked all right, then I noticed that the front derailleur looked loose but it too was firmly in place then to my horror I noticed the dark line straight across the tube! Broken right off!

I hope I get it replaced by the warranty..

Posted some more images here: http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/425586/user_id=259
    //Harri

mtbr member
    Ouch that's horrible.
    Good luck with the warranty mate, let us know how they treat you.
    Dave

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Can anyone offer some advice about sizing on a propulsion?

Theres a good offer on here in UK for the Propulsion frame - 399, and reading what people have been saying here it sounds like a killer deal.

Trouble is its for 20" only.
    I currently ride a 19.5" hardtail, and it suits my 6ft/185 cm highly toned body well. What sizes are other people riding?

Ive not ridden a Fully sussed machine before so dont know whether i want to be looking big or small, long or short. Any tips? I'll mainly be doing XC and a bit of freeride - with a view to pushing boundaries and getting gnarlier!!!! Grrrrrrrrr!

Could anyone post the length of the top tube for the 20" bike so i can compare it.

Lets Offride!

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm 188cm tall and ride a large (20") frame. I ride "trail" = aggresive-XC.
    If you will ride mostly XC, go large.

you'll love it.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    i'm in the same boat as 'GumboJoe'...need some info on the propulsion

would really appreciate some geometry info..all the usual as well as the headtube length so I can work out whether my current forks will fit the sexy new frame..?

It is one beautiful frame...

Let's Offride!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I've only gone and found it out myself...I AM THE GREATEST!!

If anyone needs this info themselves its about halfway down this page

http://www.factoryteam2racing.com/azonicframes.asp

along with other azonic frame details...

That seals it, I'm gonna buy one tomrrow, will be sure to let ya'll know how the building goes..

always learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Billbaggins
    That seals it, I'm gonna buy one tomrrow
    I don't know if you have a local dealer but here in SoCal there is a shop called Wheel World that has them for super cheap. You may want to email or call them and see how much shipping would be to the UK.
    http://www.wheelworld.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    how cheap is super cheap??

I can get the frame for 399 here in the UK so $750 or thereabouts...

399 seems super cheap to me, and i have all the bits on my old bike just waiting to be swapped...

I'll give them a mail all the same..

Thanks for the advice!

always learning
    Quote Originally Posted by Billbaggins
    how cheap is super cheap??

I can get the frame for 399 here in the UK so $750 or thereabouts...

399 seems super cheap to me, and i have all the bits on my old bike just waiting to be swapped...

I'll give them a mail all the same..

Thanks for the advice!
    Last time i saw it there at under $600 US...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

New main(?) triangle.

Finally after slightly more than a month of waiting I got the new frame, the rear and suspension was moved over from the broken frame, I hope this one holds up, first test will be some light DH on Sunday..

//Harri

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    I have the 'Aus' version.. so it's under the Xtension name rather then Azonic.. same thing though..

Since the photo was taken, I am now running a bashguard instead of the big ring, XT drivetrain (FD, RD), LX shifters and Oury lock-ons. Still waiting on a new rear tire. Plenty of planned upgrades for the future...

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Disaster strikes again!

After just two days this happens: http://happymtb.org/forum/read.php/1/460388

My fairly new SRAM X.9 read derailleur gives up and breaks in to two pieces!
    //Harri

gmoney was gmoneybike

Saber

Yup, bringing up an old thread.
    tgreathead:

First off, for the variety of rding you describe the Saber is a good all arounder except for classic DJing. I ride the same year and size frame with an 04 z150. My comments relate to this set up.

In 6" mode the bike is blast to rip in steep sketchy sections, smooth single track descents and small-mid size drops. If you go with this combo the bike will be solid for the light FR/DH your interested in. I also use mine for urban use where I look for drops and concrete skinnies.

The 04 z150 is heavy, 7lbs+. Yikes! But let's be honest here. Most built Azonics hover around 37 lbs, but I've seen guys post up 33lb bikes. From your post it sounds like weight is not a major concern so I'll end it there.

Yeah but what about the HA? 6" on this bike is somewhat slack, not DH slack, just somewhat slack. The ETA is great for logging road climbs, drop it and your position becomes road like, then pop it for the descent. The head angle feels close to 2 degrees steeper in the ETA mode. ETA single track climbing is also efficient but in the limited travel mode it does pose problems where you need to clear an uphill obstacle, those situations where it would be nice to just plow through. Here the Pike might be worth considering.

One thing about the Saber frame is that it has a longish headtube. I read somewhere that a dude took a frame cutter to the top and bottom shortening the HT by a 1/4". I wouldn't attempt it without some more advice, but perhaps its an option worth considering. Anyone experienced with doing this to a frame?

Frame Plug and Bugged Time:
    PLUG: The Sabers are underated as a FR bike, particularly given their 5"-6" adjustability and price, $699 at wheelworld.com right now. Cheap for the FSR Patent!
    BUGGED: To bad Azonic didn't stick with the frame and work to refine it. They offer up so many different product lines, I guess dropping a frame penciled out. To bad. Bring it back Azonic!

Let us know what route you take.
    Were looking at balz

gmoney was gmoneybike

My Avatar is Small

04 z150 Saber in Action
    Were looking at balz

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast