mtbr member
    Jul 2005

2004 Transition Dirtbag shock length and stroke

I just got a 2003 Transition Dirtbag and I tried doing a search on this topic but am unable to find my answer. I also checked Transition's website but they don't archive their information. If one of you guys could help me out I'd be most grateful.

Also, I remember seeing one of the guys put a DHX on it. Do you know of any other shocks with a external reservoir that will fit? Thanks for your help again.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Quote Originally Posted by 67rider
    I just got a 2003 Transition Dirtbag and I tried doing a search on this topic but am unable to find my answer. I also checked Transition's website but they don't archive their information. If one of you guys could help me out I'd be most grateful.

Also, I remember seeing one of the guys put a DHX on it. Do you know of any other shocks with a external reservoir that will fit? Thanks for your help again.
    Email or call Transition, they'll be happy to give you the info, and it'll be a lot more reliable than a messageboard.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

JRA
    According to Progressive Suspension you need a 7.88 x 2.00. You should still contact Transition about fitting a reservoir shock, though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Thanks so much for the help! I would email Transition but they're a bit slow on the emails. I'm sure they're busy with all that's going on there.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Hi 67 rider, on all pre-2006 model dirtbags the DHX will not fit. The 2004/05 with the stock 5/6" rocker plates allowed the old fox vanila rc to work on the size large. with the dangerboy linkage there is much less room for the resevoir. The only shock that i know will work is the Avalance Chubbie. Everyone i've talked to about that shock on the dirtbag has nothing but great things to say about it.

Cheers,
    -Kyle