E86
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

06 Morewood Shova LT

Hey Guys and Gals,
    I have seen a couple reviews of the Morewood Bikes and thought I would let you know about the Morewood Shova LT. This was my first Freeride bike and the guys at Morewood really helped me out.
    The frame weighs in at 4.2kg(9.2Lbs.) it is of a Morewood SPI (single pivot design) I prefer this design due to its simplicity. There is barely any pedal-bob. I have the Manitou 4 way swinger on it, but was thinking of trying out the Marzocchi Roco. The frame is built with a 1.5" head tube for extra stiffness, and has 7" of rear wheel travel, rear hub spacing of 135mm. The 06 model has replaceable drop outs. You can use a conventional quick realease or a straight through axle. The 07 model has a dedicated through axle included. The frame is front derailluer compatible(i run a single ring 38T), iscg mounts standard, and has a bb height of 365mm (14.3")
    FIrst ride impressions were awesome. The bike can take about anything you can throw at it. I am by no means a expert ridier, but the bike handles the trails like a champ. It absorbs all the bumps, dips, rocks, logs, roots, anything on the trail or off(sometimes) that come up. Like I said i am no expert but i have done drops of 6-7 feet to flat and the bike takes it no problem. Wall rides and jumps are a breeze too. All in all it is a great bike for Freeride and Downhill rides. For more information go www.morewoodbikes.com to see their complete line or call them at 828 687-0788. Morewood is originally from South Africa, but have office in North Carolina.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2006
    e86 that is 1 sweet ride!ENJOY!

-> SickLines.com <-
    looking good e86, more pics !