mtbr member

XCL trip to downieville!!!

Just returned from a weekend trip to downieville. What a great place to ride. We did 4 runs in two days for over 70 miles of downhill. The XCL absolutely rocked. If you haven't ridden this place, put it on your list.

Here are a few pics. Sorry not more action shots, its tough to stop midflow.

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

Flying Goat
    thanks for sharing dude... yea i definitely have to hit it up there some time soon... Just gotta find the funds... You going to be at N* this weekend by any chance???

mtbr member
    Downieville is sweet, isn't it? I'm going back up there after we get a little rain. Did you do big boulder?

mtbr member
    We tried big boulder, but missed the last turn out of Pauley.. I think it worked out better, anyway. We would've missed our second run for the day.
    By the way. Do you know what kind of bikes they are usually running for the classic?
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chumbacabra
    We tried big boulder, but missed the last turn out of Pauley.. I think it worked out better, anyway. We would've missed our second run for the day.
    By the way. Do you know what kind of bikes they are usually running for the classic?
    Haven't been up there for the classic. I don't get that many chances to go away and ride, and it seems like the trails would be crazy during that so I stay away.
    The pics in the pizza place show a lot of hardtails and such, I think they have a dh and an xc race. XCL seems like a great bike for Downieville, none of the dh course really requires a long travel machine. I was killing it on my Evo, and never really felt like I needed more. Riding up big boulder, I could have used less!