Thread: XCL queastion

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

XCL queastion

Hi All,

After 1 year with the Turner spot i am looking for new frame/bike.

The Turner is a great frame but i want something new and more burlier that can still do xc/epic riding for 40 km

The parts of the spot(2007) ,fox36 , 5.1 wheels magura breaks and the rest xt will be moved to the new frame.

How do you compare the XCL Vs spot or BLT2?

Is the XCL is between the BLT and the Nomad?( or Spot RFX)?

Thx

Long Live Long Rides
    May 2008

Burly?

Sounds more like an EVO. Not that the XCL isn't strong, but the bikes you are comparing to match better with the EVO.

banned
    An Evo is a big step up, in terms of weight and burliness. A more moderate step up, or a couple, is the current RFX, which is being blown out right now. You could trade your spot and get the credit with Turner and pick up an RFX for cheaper than you can imagine.

mtbr member
    Although the Blur LT2 has .5" more travel. It is not burlier. The xcl is pretty darn stout. I haven't ridden the blur so I can't say which is "better" and I'm sure looks can be deceiving. But I think the XCL compares well to the LT2 better than the EVO. That being said one thing that is appealing about the LT2 is the standover. My XCL gets tight and personal. Its a small, and my inseam is about 30". I'm 5'8"
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    The XCL can handle as much punishment as a 6 inch bike. It's not all about travel, it's about build quality, workmanship, engineering, and proving durability and handling on the trails.
    Last edited by CHUMBAevo; 10-30-2008 at 11:55 AM.
    Simple | Proven | Reliable

http://chumbaracing.blogspot.com/

mtbr member
    Second that, the XCL is the 6inch bike that inspires me the more respect regarding durability and strongness !
    I would say as much as my ex RFX ( which had more travel).

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Go with the XCL ive had a couple of Santa Cruz bikes including a Nomad and LT and the maintenance is a killer.Really cant c u punishing the XCL and the handling is 2nd to none.