Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    The Jabberwocky is 4130 Chromoly, the Verhauen is Columbus steel.
    The ride quality is nicer on the better tubing, and it’s much lighter.
    My small JabberWocky weighed 6lb on the nose, frame only. My medium VerHauen weighs 4.6 frame only.
    Don’t modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

jct
    mtbr member
    i've had good luck corresponding via email and their FB account.
    i will not yield to DH traffic.

ISO one entry for Grinduro 2017!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Thanks ArandonBr, I thought it might be the tubing, but I've been looking from a computer where a lot of the screens are blocked (at work).

I'll try facebook.
    2015 Surly Krampus SS
    2013 CAADX 105
    2012 Pinarello Quattro
    2002 Zurich LeMond

jct
    mtbr member
    i will add that I run Vassago's boost Ti fork. i'm not sure who makes it, but it's a damn fine fork. plenty stiff and tracks like a champ. i'm 200lbs and ride it pretty hard. i've used various salsa cro-mo, vassago Otis, 9er, whiskey etc....this is probably the best.

but it could be the entire combo of frame/fork/wheels/tire etc that really make it shine.

good luck
    i will not yield to DH traffic.

ISO one entry for Grinduro 2017!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jct View Post
    i will add that I run Vassago's boost Ti fork. i'm not sure who makes it, but it's a damn fine fork. plenty stiff and tracks like a champ. i'm 200lbs and ride it pretty hard. i've used various salsa cro-mo, vassago Otis, 9er, whiskey etc....this is probably the best.

but it could be the entire combo of frame/fork/wheels/tire etc that really make it shine.

good luck
    I haven't put a lot of effort into fork knowledge with mountainbikes coming from more a road background. It's a huge area I'm a little blank on.
    2015 Surly Krampus SS
    2013 CAADX 105
    2012 Pinarello Quattro
    2002 Zurich LeMond

EXORCIZE
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post

I love Vassago. I wanted one for years before I bought my Jabberwocky last year, and they've got cult status here [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post

My small JabberWocky weighed 6lb on the nose, frame only. My medium VerHauen weighs 4.6 frame only.
    I admire your positive attitude. So many others have been complaining about the horrible customer service. Meanwhile, you rode a 6lb frame that was the wrong size, and loved it. But it broke. For your great attitude, you've been rewarded with a new lighter frame, that fits!
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo
    2016 Pivot 429T
    2011 Kona Unit

mtbr member
    It sounds quaint and naive possibly, but I always want the underdog to succeed. I think Tom offers a product that is excellent- essentially the same frame geometry in three different materials, basic steel, quality steel, titanium at a price point that I think is damned reasonable. There’s a lot of steel plus frames out there, some have (IMO) some wacky geometry, and a few plus-capable ti frames are being made but they’re either full-fat and narrowed down, or they’re a Gnarvester or Hanzo Ti; or they’re expensive custom. He just markets it rather poorly in many aspects.
    I’ve been fortunate that my customer service needs have always been met to my satisfaction, but don’t discount those who haven’t.
    If Tom would just hire someone to fix his website and keep it up to date, and publish a phone number that someone would actually answer, he’d sell double the frames he does.
    Hell, both times I talked to him by phone (a number he gave me by email) I’m pretty sure it was his personal cell because he answers with “This is Tom” and not “Thanks for calling Vassago bikes” or whatever.

TL;DR- I like the simple one frame geo in three materials, I like the geometry for my part of the US, I’m willing to be patient with the one-man show to have one.

Also: @Ryder1- I’m 5’9”, actually at the very bottom of the size range for medium. I fit both frames just fine, but I upsized to medium for more room for water bottles. I actually went from a 20mm setback post to a 0-setback and kept everything else the same when I moved frames.
    Don’t modify the trail to match your skills, modify your skills to match the trails.

mtbr member
    I love my OX Platinum Vassago Verhauen. I am 5'7" and ride a small. I love the way the bike feels over rocks and bumps. Firm, but not too harsh. I am also local so I have met Tom many times in person. That all said he does need to work on the website and remote customer experience. He could expand alot I believe with more time those areas. Personally I owned the business I would run it differently. Then again it easy for me to say not being in the middle of it. My ex-wife was small business owner. Ran it as 1 man operation out of the house for years and I saw what she did for marketing/webstite/ customer support and it far superior than what Tom is doing. Of course she was not making bike frames so a very different market.
    Joe
    '12 Santa Cruz Highball 29", '13 Santa Cruz Solo 27.5",Vassago Verhauen SS 29" XC, AM, blah blah blah.. I just ride.

mtbr member
    i am 5'9" and have had recent issues with most "medium" frames with ~600mm ETT measurements being too short for me. so i got a medium Jabber through Cycle Progression. much better!

Where are my Vassago Bretheren???-circle-jabber.jpgWhere are my Vassago Bretheren???-jabber-rigid.jpg

100mm Reba
    Hadley rear hub
    70mm stem
    playing around with handlesbars- Answer 20/20s and some 720mm low-risers
    34/21 gear ratio (probably should go 32/20 to tuck the rear end in a little more.0

I also bought an Odis fork to go with it and i have been enjoying that a lot more than i thought i would.
    Thorn in your Sidewall
    Vassago Jabberwocky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12