Mad Scientist

Vicious Cycles Groover Set-up Help

I recently picked up a used Groover 26", with a Swinger X4 shock. I built it up using a 85-125 Fox TALAS fork,

I'm looking for any advice or help setting it up/starting points. Right now I have the fork set at 70 psi and all the way up. The shock is at 90 psi, and the SPV at 75 psi. Sag is around 25-30 %. I weigh 190, and I do my best to pedal not stomp. I prefer not to lock anything out. It seems efficient, and soft enough.

Any objections, or anything else I should know??
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Nice Ride....I miself have the 29er Groover w/ fox rp23...seems a little on the bouncy or very active maybe due to the pivot location, very solid ride, no flex rear as w/ other 29ers I've tried, a little on the heavy side!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vicious Cycles Groover Set-up Help-bikes-067.jpg  

In FTF We Trust
    Nice bikes. I ran the Swinger 3-way on my Groover for a while and replaced it with a Fox RP3. I just set my air pressure according to about 30% sag and tinkered a little with the SPV chamber in the Manitou shock. I'd have to say the Fox was more adjustable but the Manitou worked well for being a simple shock. I gave the bike to my son this past summer (he hadn't mountain biked since he was probably 11 or 12; he's 20 now) and it lit a huge cycling fire under his backside; awesome stuff. Here's a gratuitous shot from when I had it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I'll disintegrate over time if I expect my body to try to keep up with my mind" -BM

Race, Rocks or Road...Just Ride

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    A 20 year old with bike.....SWEEEEET !!!!

Just rode mine this AM....really a sweet ride.....!