Big Boned

URGENTLY NEEDED - Der Hanger for Tomac 98 Special

Hey all -- so I have a buddy visiting me in CO, we went for a ride yesterday and he got one wicked case of chain suck that caused his rear D to twist at the mount, which in turn basically ripped his hanger in half. The bike is a Tomac 98 Special, and the hanger is a funky design that's attached via a chainring-style bolt.

Since the old Tomac went out of business, getting parts for their old bikes is pretty hard, I hear -- a little googling turned up almost no results, although it does appear we can order one from England for (!) $37 plus shipping.

This does us no good, since my friend will only be here through Wednesday and we need something ASAP. I'm going to call around to a few shops in Denver and see if any of them have one, but I'm not optimistic.

I was hoping someone out there might know where to get ahold of a new hanger here in the US, that we could get Fed Ex'd out to us ASAP. We'd need to place the order today sometime, to get the piece by Monday.

This is a loooooong shot, I know, but -- anyone?

UPDATE EDIT: Problem solved, Litespeed hooked us up. See below...
    Last edited by Manmountain Dense; 06-08-2007 at 12:16 PM.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Did you try http://www.tomac.com/ ?

They have a customer service email address on their site.
    jsmith@tomac.com

Cheezy Rider
    Try derailleurhanger.com, they might be able to rush something to you.

Big Boned
    Thanks for the replies - the new Tomac is not the same as the old Tomac, their models are all different, so no dice there. Derailleurhanger.com doesn't even list Tomac on their site.

Oddly enough, Litespeed hooked us up -- since Tomac used to be part of ABG (Litespeed, Merlin, Quintana Roo), I figured it was worth calling them and, yep, we got lucky, the hanger will be here tomorrow. Thanks for the ideas, though...

B

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Manmountain Dense
    Thanks for the replies - the new Tomac is not the same as the old Tomac, their models are all different, so no dice there.
    I knew that, but figured your friend probably isn't the only guy to break a hanger so Tomac would know where to get one for the old models. Glad you got it figured out in the end.

I'll move this thread to the Custom & other Builders board as it will get burried here in General.