Thread: Updated IF

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Updated IF

Here is a pic of my updated IF. Full XT kit, Blacksheep Ti bars and post. Here she is.

underachiever

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Very nice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by twklei
    Here is a pic of my updated IF. Full XT kit, Blacksheep Ti bars and post. Here she is.

not my cup of tea, but it's nice! only one thing: you should use mid cage rear derailleur, just because that would look better with the 1*9 setup. anyhow, your bike rocks!

mtbr member
    and we all know it's about how it looks...not functions

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The long cage was a free so I went with it. Works fine. Thanks for the heads up

Quote Originally Posted by Kisherceg
    not my cup of tea, but it's nice! only one thing: you should use mid cage rear derailleur, just because that would look better with the 1*9 setup. anyhow, your bike rocks!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by shalesjr
    and we all know it's about how it looks...not functions
    not only looks better, but with a mid cage derailleur a shorter chain could be used and it could be kept more tight by the der. ---> less chain drop, less chain chips on the frame, less weight and of course a better look.

mtbr member
    Very sweet looking bike! Is that a bottle opener that is mounted between your headset and stem?!

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yes thats a bottle opener. Got to be able to open those cold beers at the the end of a ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I get alot of good and bad feedback on my bike. People say bars are way tooooo wide and the derailure should be a midcage, why a brooks saddle. I love it, thats why I had a custom bike made and I run different parts. I like the fact that there will not be another bike like it. PURE CUSTOM

mtbr member
    Haha, you're right. Nothing wrong with it at all. I love brooks saddles. There is nothing like real leather plus not too many saddles out there as comfortable as a brooks. Nothing wrong with the handlebar that I can see. It's not like you're a bike messenger riding in between cars in traffic that you need something super narrow. Enjoy that IF and make sure you use that bottle opener as much as you can.