mtbr member

Tomac 98 Special linkage diagram/ help?

got someone's 98 Special here...no one (manufacturer) is proving to be any help for getting some things figured out on this bike.

So you've got that little supporting bracket that 'connects' the seat tube to the seatstays...an "H" looking thing. Where it bolts to the seatstay, are there supposed to be some washers between the pivoting "H" thing and the frame? This particular frame has a ton of play right there. I've popped the bearings out, and while they are toasted, I find it hard to believe that they have that much lateral movement in them.

Anyone able to post some info?

Big Boned
    This may be completely unhelpful, but I just had a buddy in town with a 98 Special whose der hanger ripped off from a nasty case of chain suck. Damn hard to find that part these days. We got one from ABG, specifically Litespeed. You may try calling them. The new Tomac wouldn't be of much help, but someone at ABG might... ?

mtbr member
    ABG was no help at all, unfortunately.

But I did realize yesterday that it's the linkage that's bad. The bearings are floating inside of it...wallowed out.