Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    I just bought that frame for my son and he loves it. It is a very solid frame.
    I also just bought the 07 XC 604 and am very pleased with it.
    For the wife I bought a left over 06 XC 104 and she likes it waaaayy better then her Trek hard tail she had, but that is mostly becuase of the FS. Very happy family with the KHS bikes.

mtbr member
    I just purchased an '06 AM2000. So far I'm pleased with it. I can definately feel the difference on the climbs compared to my GF Sugar 1 though. I feel more confident and make up time on the way down. Seems to be a pretty well made bike with good components for reasonable price.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I ride a 2006 dh200, the one all of the team guys ride, and it owns every trail I have ridden. It beats the crap out of most other dh frames. The linkage is so adjustable you can tune it for each course.

As for their customer service it is great. I cracked my 2005 am1000 on the downtube and sent it in with no shock and since they didn't have another am1000 in my size they sent me a 2004 fr1500 with a brand new rear shock because they felt bad because the frame was a year older so I had 2 shocks. They didn't even ask how I cracked the frame.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    It's nice to read all the positive experiences you have all had with KHS. I am likely going to buy a XC 704 in a few days and came across this thread. Are they KHS frames comfortable to ride? I have an older rocky mountain and by the end of the day my back kills me.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    The 704 looks like an awesome ride! It fits in nicely with the rest of their lineup. I should be getting my XC-909 anyday, I can't wait!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Their 2007 XC line is seriously vast (and priced to kill). Here is an article that says it all:
    http://www.mountainbiketales.com/articles/khs507.htm
    Ever been to Mountain Bike Tales Digital Magazine? Now if only the print rags would catch on!

mtbr member
    I have a x204 and its been a great bike. I swapped out the crap shock for a good air shock and it rides like a dream. The frame is beefy but not heavy, and is a great 4-link design. Yea, it may be made in Taiwan, but what isn't??? FYI - I bought my frame from JensonUSA for a couple hundred bucks and built it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 65Matt
    I have a x204 and its been a great bike
    What is weight of this frame/bike?

One more question: Are the frames of XC104, 204, 604 absolutely identical in 2007?

mtbr member
    I weighed it on the bathroom scale at 29 and some change, but I dont know how accurate that was. I've got discs, XT stuff, no real weight weenie parts, air shock.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    I just had my XC704r fail and it happened in the same place it happened on my FXT comp..

The weld at the top tube/ seat tube junction cracked across the top. I've never done anything out of bounds for either bike... KHS hooked me up with the 704r after the FXT failed.. Now I'm waiting to hear from the LBS about them hopefully replacing my 704r..

I think it's a design issue because if you look at the newer models of this frame they've added that support bracket to the top..

Anyhow. I love how the bike rode and I love KHS.. Esp if they keep coming good on their warranty!
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

My first KHS

I've had my '06 AM 2000 for 2 months now, and the bike is just awesome. The bike seems to be very well built, and holds up to my abuse just fine. I think that KHS gets a bad rap because most of their bikes are catalog frames, but it doesn't really matter if the bike does what it was designed to do. This bike represents it's All Mountain namesake to a T. I'll be keeping her for a good long time! Here she is!
    Attached Images Attached Images

~I Ride In Circles ~
    Is your shock on upside down? KHS never mounts their shock like that?

I just got mynew XC604 frame and got her built up on the 7th. All I have to say is wow. This bike handles amazingly and is lighter than it looks. I've got it built up at 27 pounds right now, but I'll gain an extra bit of weight when my outlaws come in.

I love KHS.. they have great customer service and nice people working for them.
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Feb 2007

Yup

Quote Originally Posted by ZoSoSwiM
    Is your shock on upside down? KHS never mounts their shock like that?

I just got mynew XC604 frame and got her built up on the 7th. All I have to say is wow. This bike handles amazingly and is lighter than it looks. I've got it built up at 27 pounds right now, but I'll gain an extra bit of weight when my outlaws come in.

I love KHS.. they have great customer service and nice people working for them.
    Yes my shock is on upside down. The air valve on the Roco protrudes at a point where it hits the rocker if I mount it right side up in every setting except 6". I would also have to unbolt the shock from the rocker just to pump air into it, as there isn't enough space between the rocker and air valve to thread the pump valve on. I know, I wasn't really thrilled by the look of the shock upside down, but it works fine, and I can still reach the adjustments. My frame originally came with a Rock Shox Pearl, but I ordered the Roco instead. Maybe the Pearl doesn't have these clearance problems, and thats why the KHS website photos show the shock mounted right side up? Glad to hear you like your new steed, I certainly love mine. Wish my bike was under 30 lbs! She weighs in at 36 lbs, but is built for a 240 lb rider. Have a good one

mtnjam
    Not a dualie, but still a good bike. Probably the oldest frame in this thread.
    My '96 Alite 3000 is working and getting me to and from work as my commuter frame, but I take it out once and a while and ride it in the foothills. Loaned it to a friend for a race last month. It's been rebuilt now twice and I don't want to get rid of it. The frame is starting to flex a little, but that's not bad for these bones.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    I weighed my bike and it's 27lbs or so on a bathroom scale. Tell ya what... my 2 other bikes were 30ish so this is a nice refreshing change!

Glad you figured out the clearance for the shock before you went bombing down a hill.. could have been a mess!
    [SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

Are you gonna eat that?
    I own an 05 KHS xc604 and the frame has held up great even under my fat clyde ass.

Sadly the same can't be said for the rest of the bike, I destroyed the pedals after 2 miles (some crap SPD knockoffs - don't even know why they ship with them) and I've blown the forks twice (Rock Shox Pilot SLs).

All in all it was not enough bike for me, I'm just too big a guy for what is essentially an entry level cross country machine, that said, I certainly don't hold KHS at fault for it, I'm just too big a guy for the machine - the place I got it from is big on customer service and they've done me and my friends some awesome deals on machines;

One friend got a screaming deal on a KHS Team, X.0 (not X.9 like the website says), $2k even, remote lockout, total weight of like 26.5 lbs, how can you not like that? The other got a full S-Works FSR buildup with XT gear for $1600.

KHS are vastly underrated bikes, it staggers me that GT/Schwinn/Mongoose get a forum and KHS don't

mtbr member
    I just built this badboy last week. I bought the frame (2007) and fox float from the local bike shop then added the other goodies. I did 2 rides this weekend totaling 30 miles and it rides like a caddy.... Last night I put on black grips and added a hope brake line guide to the fork.

Race Face Atlas crank and carbon bars, Rockshox Duke SL100 fork, Fox Float R3, Thomson stem and seatpost, Avid BB7 brakes, Hope skewers, seatpost clamp and brake line guide, XT front and rear derailluers and Shifters, Cane Creek brake levers, Single track barends, WTB rocket V seat, Mavic 717 rims with DT double butted spokes laced to Hope Pro II hubs and Time Z pedals,

Last edited by Quadzone; 06-28-2007 at 10:34 AM.

~I Ride In Circles ~
    Well Well.. here is my XC604.. Looks a lot like yours!

[SIZE=3]
    ~ it's all good ~
    [/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    My 2006 KHS xc204
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    I just got a Solo One SS.
    I just ordered one of these for my wife, they have a HUGE sale on them right now.

mnt bike laws of physics
    Quote Originally Posted by Yanner
    The 704 looks like an awesome ride! It fits in nicely with the rest of their lineup. I should be getting my XC-909 anyday, I can't wait!
    Where did you get your 909? Did you happen to weigh the frame?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sonyisdope
    KHS is only the best bikes ever! Seriously. They are. What do you want to know about them? I ride all KHS's, and in my shop we sell nothing but KHS. What bike are you looking at?

Does AM 1000 or AM 2000 (year 2007) have vbrake boss ?

I hope they don't! I'm planning to buy a cheap AM 1000 and go XTR/Fox/Thomson on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I know this is an old thread but MAN!!! You guys are making this look more and more like the frame to get for a build up.
    Does anyone have a size chart for it? The one on the website isn't working. I haven't been able to find an LBS down here in FLA that carries them but I did find online at Bob's Bikes for 499.00. Has anyone seen any other deals out there?
    Thanks in advance for you help and thanks for the sweet pics!!!

mtbr member
    I really enjoy my steel Comp ST. Geometry makes for quick, single track steering but high speed cornering is a bit twitchy. The seating position was too agressive for me so I got a shorter stem and riser bars. I'd buy another KHS.
    Last edited by wheelbender6; 08-03-2008 at 11:02 AM.
    "I don't suffer from insanity!I rather enjoy it."

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Just picked up an xc004 for about 4 bills brand new. Last one on the floor too. Not bad for a $700 bike. Seeing how it's the same frame as the higher end models, I'll upgrade the fork and shock as time progresses. Only thing I've done to it so far is put a 550# spring in place of the 750#. I'm only 130# 5'5".

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast