mtbr member

Stupid question time

I have an 07 EVO and I want to put a Salsa QR seat collar. I looked on the Chumba site and couldn't find the info. I also pulled the collar off the bike and cannot find the size any where on it. I know the post is a 31.6mm. I figure someone in the Chumba family will know. Thanks.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams, I'm just gonna find out where they're going and hook up with them later!

Flying Goat
    no stupid answers... only stupid mofos like me giving stupid answers... XD

Sorry dude, cant really help ya there, but i think it runs a little bit bigger than the average seattubes... Someone else will chime in soon... XD

mtbr member
    IMO if your seatpost is 31.6mm then the next Seatpost clamp size available is 31.8mm or then 34.9.

But call or email Chumba and you'll get an answer Monday morning!

56-year-old teenager
    Aug 2006
    The XCL is 38.1 (1-1/2"), dunno about the EVO.
    Work is the curse of the biking classes.

yarrrp
    May 2007
    just get the chumba QR they are just as good and salsa and have the rad logo on them.

mtbr member
    The Chumba one does have the cool logo but they don't come in green. I'm accenting the frame with green goodies. Green headset spacers, grip clamps, rear QR and waterbottle bolts with a green king headset and possibley green King hubs for my X-mas present to myself.
    I'm tired of chasing my dreams, I'm just gonna find out where they're going and hook up with them later!

mud junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by vinz132
    IMO if your seatpost is 31.6mm then the next Seatpost clamp size available is 31.8mm or then 34.9.

But call or email Chumba and you'll get an answer Monday morning!

34.9mm seat clamp dia is for a 30.9mm seatpost. What you need is something ins the range of 36mm dia

ride hard take risks
    Measure your seat post tube, if you dont have vernier calipers use a crescent wrench or a standard ruler then convert to MM http://www.psinvention.com/zoetic/convert.htm
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

mtbr member

diameter of Evo headtube external for seatclamp

They are actually a bit bigger than you might think. With an electronic device to the MM the diameter from outside of headtube across goes around 38.4 for the US Made and mid 37's for the Taiwan made. I'm sure you can do the math from there. Let me know if you would like any other details as I'm slammed tonight.

Thanks for the inquiry.
    RAZZ
    CHUMBA RACING