mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Good job! Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...

Hard to believe it's been almost 3 years since I took delivery of my Solstice mountain bike, and I'm happy to report she's not only still turning heads, but performing better then ever!

After hundreds of miles of trails, drops, bumps and jumps she's far exceeded my expectations, and continues to provide that "confidence inspiring" ride that was lacking from the big box brands I had owned prior.

Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-sol1b.jpg

Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-sol2b.jpg

Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-sol3b.jpg

Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-sol4b.jpg

Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-sol5b.jpg

If I remember correctly, there were a few other Solstice owners on this forum. If you guys are still around and still have your Solstice, I would love to hear how yours has held up over the years and your feedback as an owner and rider...

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Solstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-smaller1.jpgSolstice Mountain Bike... 3 years later...-smaller2.jpgCool, I'm happy someone finally posted a new Solstice thread! Your bike looks awesome in all black. I'm in my second season on my Solstice. The suspension tracks amazingly well on the climbs. All I have to do is keep pedaling, and it just goes over everything. On the downs, I love being able to steamroll over big roots and rocks that I might have ridden tentatively or steered around on my old bike. It's definitely more bike than I need or do justice to, but it's been great fun building and riding and looking at this bike for the past year and a half. I don't normally get sentimental about gear, but I find this strange machine inspiring. I ride more and push myself harder and basically love mountain biking more than ever, and that is in no small part because of this bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I really need to take some better pictures...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Looking good!

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    The solstice site appears to be down. Is the company defunct? That would be a bummer.

mtbr member
    No, he is still around. I emailed him a couple weeks ago and asked if he was still in business.
    Solstice
    TBC TransAm

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Glad to hear he is still in business, I've been rebuilding my secondhand Solstice and wondered if anyone had heard of putting a reservoir air shock on these bikes? It looks like it would clear the tire but if anyone has experience with it that would be preferred.

mtbr member
    He's told me they wont fit,but that was a couple years ago. I am not sure with new designs. I'm running 2.2 trail kings on mine now and not sure a piggyback shock would fit.
    Solstice
    TBC TransAm

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    I just tried to email Chuck about getting a long link for my bike and the email came back and said it was undeliverable. I hope this doesn't mean there is no more support for our bikes. I don't know about a piggyback shock but I asked him about a coil shock in the past and he said he didn't recommend it.