1/2link chain/Renthal f.chain ring/surley rear cog
    2015 Nobby nic 2.35's tubeless
    Some blue ano stuff too

future items:
    xt m8000 brakes or Zee
    thomson dropper post
    120mm air spring
    dampner upgrade
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-image.jpg  

Last edited by OLDFATUGLY; 12-27-2015 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Update

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

2014 Redline Monocog

Show us your Redlines here-20140606_110016.jpg

Picture taken as it currently sits in my office at work. It makes for an aerobic commute with the stock 32/20 gearing!

I'm loving the bike so far. BTW the green on the 2014 is awesome. It's really dark... but the green does show up in the sunlight.

mtbr member

my first Redline

Just got in from taking my newest purchase for a test ride! It's my first Redline, my first 29er, and my first singlespeed and I cannot tell you how much I'm enjoying it!

Show us your Redlines here-img_9095.jpg

mtbr member

Still going strong after nearly 7 years in East Africa!

Currently waiting on some XT cranks, a carbon seat post, and a sturdier front tire being shuttled in from England. Size L (19") weighs in at 26 pounds with current build.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-img_5398.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Cool-blue Rhythm Here's my ride...

Show us your Redlines here-p1060783.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Show us your Redlines here-p1060834.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-p1060836.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-p1060837.jpg  

Show us your Redlines here-p1060838.jpg  

Last edited by ABigFall2k15; 10-18-2014 at 07:47 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Anyone get there hands on a new 2015 Redline yet?

mtbr member
    Jul 2009

redline

Here is the Redline flight I just bought. Changed the stock wheelset, grips, peddles and saddle.

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

2009 Redline Monocog Flight 29er

Hi All,

I picked up this mechanic owned Monocog about a year ago as my first bike in over 16 years. It was barely ridden and I thought it was the best way to reintroduce myself and get in shape. This first image is from the first day I owned it... The rest are in between then and now. I've only had to replace the brake levers and cables and have been trying different rubber and stem lengths. I've also snagged a set of BB7's and a Rocket Ron 2.3 (for the rear) which will be making there way on here in the next few days as well.

Show us your Redlines here-monocog_1.jpgShow us your Redlines here-monocog_2.jpgShow us your Redlines here-monocog_3.jpgShow us your Redlines here-monocog_5.jpg

I have plans of building a 1x set up next, but I'm not sure what is involved or what will fit in the rear... Will I need a new rear hub? Will a newer 11 speed cassette fit or do I need to stick with 10? Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
    Keith
    Last edited by Kjcdesignz; 04-27-2016 at 03:58 PM.

SoCal mtbr
    You'll need the drive side slider with a derailleur hanger on it if the one on your bike doesn't have it. I can't tell from the photo. You can probably order one from any bike shop that carries Redline.

As far as rear cassettes go it depends if you have a regular hub or a single speed specific hub back there. A rugular hub will work with an 11spd Shimano cassette no problem but if you want to go SRAM 11spd cassette you'll need an XD driver rear hub shell. Most hubs offer an XD driver option, you'll just need to look up your hub make and model to find out. If it's a single speed up you are probably out of luck since those usually have a wider flange spacing to make a stiffer wheel so won't have enough width on the freehub shell to mount a cassette.

That's a sweet looking Monocog Flight!
    Customer: How spicy is medium?
    Waitress: It's "medium"...

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    Thanks Arashi! I already have the dropout hanger ready to install, but I think the hub I have is SS Specific. There is only a really small spacer between the single cog and the locking collar. Any recommendations on a wheel set that won't break the bank that will give me tubeless capabilities and maybe a slightly wider rim profile? I keep finding Gucci wheels out there and I don't want to drop that kind of money.

SoCal mtbr
    What's your budget for wheels?

mtbr member
    Apr 2016
    I've given myself a budget of 500 for the conversion... Not sure if that's doable or not, but I've seen some used XT/GX components pop up from time to time and I am trying to sift through what people have up for used wheels too. Just not sure what I should be on the hunt for or looking to go new with. Please, feel free to tell me this is unrealistic or not.

SoCal mtbr
    I can't tell what kind of cranks you have on there but if you keep your cranks and just buy a narrow wide chainring to go on your existing crankset you could do a full Shimano XT M8000 1x11 for about $250. I'd say another $400 for a nice wheelset or you could stay with in your budget if you're just getting a rear wheel.

SoCal mtbr
    Btw check out Competitive Cyclist or JensonUSA for the M8000 XT 1x11, you'll want a medium rear derailleur if you're going 1x11 and find out what crankset you have or at least your middle BCD if you have a 3x crankset or your outer BCD if you have a 2x crankset.

For wheels check out Price Point they have Stans Arch or Crest wheelsets for $399 or $250 I think for just the rear wheel.

Good luck on your build!

mtbr member
    Apr 2016

Upgrades to the 'Cog

Since my last post, I've been able to do some more work on upgrading my '09 Monocog. I originally thought about adding gears and upgrading the fork, but after my hub bearings started disintegrating on me, I decided to just fast track things and fix/upgrade the wheels as cost effective as possible. Thankfully, a riding buddy of mine donated a set of Sram/Roval Traverse rims to me off his '14 Specialized. All I had to do was True them up and convert things to over to fit the through axle set up. Thanks to Alex Case's reco, I ordered a set of Paragon Machines rear through axle dropouts and DT Swiss axle for the rear along with a Surley SS spacer kit. For the front, I picked up a DT Swiss 9mm through axle conversion kit to retain my front QR mount. The biggest upgrade with these wheels other than stiffness and the black and red aesthetics, has to be that they are tubeless ready. I've never had a tubeless set up before so I'm really excited how it's transformed the ride. For tires, I went with Schwalbe Nobby Nics 2.35 Evo in the front & a 2.25 Double Defense in the rear. I'm upgrading to these from a WTB Vigilante 2.3 in front and Specialized Purgatory 2.3's in the back. The WTB was tired, but the Purgatory had great traction for where I ride, but couldn't hold air on its own. So far, the traction is awesome and more predictable with the NN's and the new wheel set. I highly recommend upgrading to tubeless if you can... What a difference! These new wheels definitely spin up faster, but also not having the bearing grind situation on flimsy rims also really smooths out the trails and amplifies the sensation of speed. To help keep all that speed in check, I've also swapped out the old Avid BB5's for BB7's.

As always, it's a work in progress, but I've taken the biggest leaps forward with this set up. Only thing I'm wondering is if I should go fully rigid or save some more money and upgrade the front fork. We'll see how the rest of the summer goes like this.

Here are a few new pics of the set up.

Show us your Redlines here-img_9457.jpgShow us your Redlines here-img_9451.jpgShow us your Redlines here-img_9452.jpgShow us your Redlines here-img_9453.jpgShow us your Redlines here-img_9454.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2016
    Show us your Redlines here-image.jpeg

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14