mtbr member
    Jan 2011

Seven Teres w/ pivoting chain-stay ends <pics inside>

Anyone ever seen this type of setup on a soft-tail?

It's reportedly a 1999 model. I'm wondering if they only made it for a year (if that), as I've not seen another one. At first it seems like a good idea, as the pivoting action certainly takes some stress off the frame. But given the positive track record that Moots, Dean, Merlin, etc have had with a NON-pivoting soft-tail, I'd have to believe the loss of stiffness is a drawback to this approach.

Any thoughts, or better yet, actual experience with this frame?

Slow But Still Pedaling
    Bizarre - looks almost like they used a set of forks for the rear end and attached the spring or elastomer to the steerer tube?! (Look at the crown and brake pivots.) I started to ask if this a production bike, but there are reviews here, so I guess it was! There's a thread here with a guy who says he was building one...

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Some things just weren't meant to be.
    LS
    Last edited by Lickety Split; 01-21-2012 at 03:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JimInSF
    I started to ask if this a production bike, but there are reviews here, so I guess it was! There's a thread here with a guy who says he was building one...
    I think Seven only built their Teres soft-tail this way for a a year, and even then, perhaps it was on an exception basis. This particular one went with no bids on eBay ($599 min), so it looks like everyone passed on it (including me). My YBB is on the way.