Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Armor by Band-Aid

... and if we just ... Seven Duo Compilation

Thought I'd move my Duo into its own thread to do it justice. I bought this Seven Signature size 18" frame and built it up with a lot of titanium in thinking it'd be my trophy bike (I've got other bikes I can ride). As it turns out the bike rides so well that it's becoming my main choice for a lot of the longer techy rides.

Despite some very aggresive riding everything has held up great except that my Fox Talas RLC has decided to no longer lockout. Note that this is one of my several bikes that sport Morati titanium cranks and they've held up great for my riding. Lots of other ti parts on the bike as well... ti King headset, ti Litespeed stem, Moots ti post, etc.

To me, this well may be the ultimate titanium full-suspension rig.

Last edited by terminaut; 12-28-2003 at 10:42 PM.

Armor by Band-Aid

Socal cave shot.

resident crackpot

Hey Term...

Where did you get the 'chromed' mtbr sticker? That is cool. Very nice boinger by the way!

Trail rider and racer
    Tam,
    That is one very fine bike indeed. I have seen some pictures of you riding it - Looks like it can take a good hammering on the trails.

T

newbie boobie.
    Where to find bossless Fox forks? Niiiice.
    How da ya like the Moratis?

Nice nice nice.

If you ever want to adopt a 22 year old kid from S.F. shoot me a line!
    I can help you prevent your bikes from collecting dust

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by loonyOne
    Where did you get the 'chromed' mtbr sticker? That is cool. Very nice boinger by the way!
    I got the sticker from Francis personally when we were both up at Downieville. It's a very nice sticker fer shure. :-)
    Last edited by terminaut; 12-29-2003 at 11:21 PM.

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by donkekus
    Where to find bossless Fox forks? Niiiice.
    How da ya like the Moratis?

Nice nice nice.

If you ever want to adopt a 22 year old kid from S.F. shoot me a line!
    I can help you prevent your bikes from collecting dust
    The Fox is an OEM model and they're all bossless (I think). The Moratis have worked very well for me through some pretty harsh riding conditions. One of my sets are heavily scratched from scraping boulders/rocks and they've continued to hold up thus far.

As for adoption, I'm going to be a father in a few months so I don't think there'll be a need but I'll keep you in mind. ;-)

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    ANy idea where to get some Helions.... everywhere has sold out & They're not making 'em anymore :-(

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky3
    ANy idea where to get some Helions.... everywhere has sold out & They're not making 'em anymore :-(
    I met with the people who makes the Titec titanium products when I went to Interbike. If there are 20 people interested we could probably get another batch of Hellions made. ;-)

Last edited by terminaut; 12-31-2003 at 09:11 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    I'd take one, as you know though am located in Europe but quite happy to pay additional shipping....

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Maybe we could come up with our own logo rather than Titec for them..... TERMINAUTERS?

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Corky3
    Maybe we could come up with our own logo rather than Titec for them..... TERMINAUTERS?
    Heheh... Yeah - it would definitely have a non-Titec logo and of course there's also the option of making them wider (can always cut them down to desired length after purchase). They wanted a minimum order of 20 before they would make any so if anybody else wants to commit to one let me know and I'll determine whether we can pursue it. I didn't get a cost offhand, but most likely it'd be cheaper than whatever Titec was selling it for.

ali'i hua
    Tam:

how do they measure the seat post angle on the duo? is it the obvious WYSIWYG or is there a virtual angle?

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowSSer
    Tam:

how do they measure the seat post angle on the duo? is it the obvious WYSIWYG or is there a virtual angle?
    The angle on the seat tube is 73 degrees and measured the same way as any other bike, I believe. Some people don't like the extreme angle, but I actually prefer it as it gets the seat out of the way when you lower it completely.

Check out this setup with the Maverick fork. It sort of "complicates" the bike's lines a little, but still looks pretty nice!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

Actually, term, it changes with saddle height

Quote Originally Posted by terminaut
    The angle on the seat tube is 73 degrees and measured the same way as any other bike, I believe. Some people don't like the extreme angle, but I actually prefer it as it gets the seat out of the way when you lower it completely.
    [/center]
    The higher the saddle the slacker the effective seat angle
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

newbie boobie.
    Geez, I might be down for some Hellions, if the price is right. Keep me posted.
    Thnx

34N 118W

Seven/Maverick

this is the bike that I demo'd at Interbike. It was sweet, 'cept that Maverick bobbed a lot on the standing climbs. Otherwise it was amazing

I'd be down for some ti bars as well. 20 should be fairly easy to round up I'd think.

HW

Check out this setup with the Maverick fork. It sort of "complicates" the bike's lines a little, but still looks pretty nice!

Jed Peters
    Tam, get one of them forks, beat on it, and give us a review.

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonic Man
    Tam, get one of them forks, beat on it, and give us a review.
    ...But I really like the feel and functionality of my TALAS!!!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Term, I'd be interested in another Hellion bar if it was under 100 bucks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'd be up for a Hellion bar too. The wider the better.

Craig

mtbr member
    Oct 2003

Very nice...

Good photos too, especially the mood on one that looks like it was shot on Tri-X, but then again from the aspect ratio it looks like you used a digital camera. Is it a little soft though?

Have a Sola myself, and have thought long and hard about a full-boinger, but for the moment the moolahs are lacking, and the retro-grouch in me keeps preventing me from introducing additional complexity to my bikes.

Armor by Band-Aid
    Quote Originally Posted by joeadnan
    Good photos too, especially the mood on one that looks like it was shot on Tri-X, but then again from the aspect ratio it looks like you used a digital camera. Is it a little soft though?

Have a Sola myself, and have thought long and hard about a full-boinger, but for the moment the moolahs are lacking, and the retro-grouch in me keeps preventing me from introducing additional complexity to my bikes.
    Most of the photos I post are taken with a cheap(ish) Casio Exilim digital camera nowadays. It doesn't always get the quality shot that I'd like, but it's very convenient to carry on the rides.

As a (mainly) singlespeeder, I can appreciate the notion of avoiding complexities on bikes. :-)

Bikes not Bombs.....

SS Jerry

Heheh... Yeah - it would definitely have a non-Titec logo and of course there's also the option of making them wider (can always cut them down to desired length after purchase). They wanted a minimum order of 20 before they would make any so if anybody else wants to commit to one let me know and I'll determine whether we can pursue it. I didn't get a cost offhand, but most likely it'd be cheaper than whatever Titec was selling it for.
    I am in for a set of wider riser bars.... Just let me know when, I am good for it.

JS
    [SIZE=2]Thanks to all of you for your friendships on this board..... [/SIZE] -

'Calm Down'

Titec Hell-Bent Hellion XC TI

Add me to the list. I sent you an e-mail

jw

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast