Rider and Wrench

Seven Cycles Ti handlebars 22.2 Shims?

I need to get a 22.2 to 25.4 Shim for a set of Seven bars and I was under the impression that pretty much all ti bars were 22.2 mm in dia... (not counting a few that do actually "bulge" to 25.4 or the like). I spoke to "someone" who should have a pretty good handle on this and was told that "the Seven Shims are a just a bit different size and a Std. 22.2 to 25.4 or 31.8 is not the same"... Does this sound a bit silly or is this just another one of the little tidbits that prove that you can never say never?
    I Just wish I could ride more!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by knottshore
    I need to get a 22.2 to 25.4 Shim for a set of Seven bars and I was under the impression that pretty much all ti bars were 22.2 mm in dia... (not counting a few that do actually "bulge" to 25.4 or the like). I spoke to "someone" who should have a pretty good handle on this and was told that "the Seven Shims are a just a bit different size and a Std. 22.2 to 25.4 or 31.8 is not the same"... Does this sound a bit silly or is this just another one of the little tidbits that prove that you can never say never?
    Contact Seven about it. I have a pair of their bars, with a shim, and they're whatever size Seven makes their ti bars in. I'm pretty sure it's 22.2 mm though. The shims that come with Sevens are a bit odd though because they divide in the middle. i.e. You can't use them with a stem like Ritchey Pro stem that has two face plates.

PS I also have one of the few bulged ti bars made by Synchros.

mtbr member
    They have to be 22.2mm. I have a set of Seven bars and the bar is the same size throughout, yet my XO Grip Shifters fits perfect, as it does on Moots bars, etc. Just order a set of shims from Seven. I think I paid $10 (I got both 31.8 and 25.4 with my bars)